RT is gonna hate this. Breakdown core is a thing.

Steinmetzify

I became aware of this about ten minutes ago.

Intro? Fuck you
Verse? Go fuck yourself away
Chorus? Fuck off
2nd verse? we didn't do a 1st one, what's the point of a 2nd which would technically be a 1st? Fuck that
Lyrics? Bite my dick loser, I'm screaming unintelligible gibberish here fuck you

Don't get me wrong. I love metal, particularly late 90s/00s metal and I love a great breakdown....when the riff hits harder and slower and it just adds to the song.

This is an ENTIRE genre of metal that's just a breakdown with people screaming over it, the songs are sub 3 minutes long and there are multiple bands doing this.

I get that it's a new generation and most kids these days can't even pay attention to THIS shit let alone a 9 minute older Metallica song, but JFC this makes me feel really really old...

Actually. I genuinely like it. This would have made my gym mix back when i lifted. Like Hatebreed’s Perseverance album, which i still say was an early high water mark for that band and that genre.

now you got me listening to what would be my 1998 playlist steiny and these bands are just kinda like modern versions of the bands i grew up on but not quite as cool :ROFLMAO: its good to hear younger dudes still doing it though

Actually. I genuinely like it. This would have made my gym mix back when i lifted. Like Hatebreed’s Perseverance album, which i still say was an early high water mark for that band and that genre.

im from the town over from those dudes, i bought a cab from Boulder when he quit right the band right after that album came out, i dont know if he used it on the album but he definitely used it at giant stadium and ozzfest and everywhere else i saw them so its a piece of hardcore history to me

I’m from CT, you guys are legends!!
Dude appreciate it. I was going down this rabbit hole today because Ryan from Crossthread texted me this afternoon because Ken and Jasta were talking SUPER briefly about DMW and then he even mentioned Fine Line for the love of Christ. It's too bad I'm not a Patreon because he mentioned they posted a show I actually played - I didn't know there was any video evidence of those very hazy months of my life. I was actually in town the last couple days and drove by the Skate Shop ... F'ing #Memories man. We keep throwing the idea around of trying to press "...And Still We Destroy" ... but hey seriously - thanks for listening! We appreciate. (Crazy day I heard from Ted from Big Mistake today as well ... they are pressing that stuff this year it look like.)

Dude appreciate it. I was going down this rabbit hole today because Ryan from Crossthread texted me this afternoon because Ken and Jasta were talking SUPER briefly about DMW and then he even mentioned Fine Line for the love of Christ. It's too bad I'm not a Patreon because he mentioned they posted a show I actually played - I didn't know there was any video evidence of those very hazy months of my life. I was actually in town the last couple days and drove by the Skate Shop ... F'ing #Memories man. We keep throwing the idea around of trying to press "...And Still We Destroy" ... but hey seriously - thanks for listening! We appreciate. (Crazy day I heard from Ted from Big Mistake today as well ... they are pressing that stuff this year it look like.)

is that ryan adams?? i believe i have one of your guys shows on vhs tape somewhere buried ill have to dig up

Back