Rush - Subdivisions (Guitar Cover, Bass Cover)

Hey everyone,

For this weeks post, I'd like to share my cover of Rush's classic song "Subdivisions"

Song name: Subdivisions
Band: Rush
Album: Signals
Year: 1983
Guitars used: Ernie Ball Music Man JP16
Bass used: ESP LTD Elite J4
Amp: Line 6 POD HD 500x
When I saw Rush live, this was my favorite song that they performed. The sound felt very powerful, absolutely incredible to witness in person. I had the bass volume a bit too high in this video, but I'm still happy with how it came out. Great tones from all instruments.

I wouldn’t even know how to create that other than a 4 piece band. Kudos. I assume there is a back tracking and you did the bass and guitar? That is a musician’s song. If we played that live, most patrons would look at us like we had rectums coming out of our foreheads. Having said that it one of my fav Rush tunes.

I wouldn’t even know how to create that other than a 4 piece band. Kudos. I assume there is a back tracking and you did the bass and guitar? That is a musician’s song. If we played that live, most patrons would look at us like we had rectums coming out of our foreheads. Having said that it one of my fav Rush tunes.
Fucking-A, man - too cool! One of my all-time favorite bands, especially the old stuff from Caress Of Steel to Grace Under Pressure.
You rock, my man !

:rawk:
Thank you all! :cool:

Yes, this was using the original stem files for Subdivisions (vocals, drums, and keyboards taken from the actual song, and I played guitar/bass live on the camera while recording the instrument audio into Audacity). You can actually listen to the individual stem files on YouTube by searching "Subdivisions isolated bass" for example, very intriguing to hear (although it's often a demo-take, or audio before the studio EQ'd and added reverb for the final single. 99% close enough though).

Awesome. My favorite Rush song. Seeing Rush play it live was quite special. Looking forward to more of your content

Back