Saw Eric Gales last night.

Eric is playing in Cleveland on the same night as Mr. Big. Was planning on hitting the Mr. Big show but I have already been to a few of their shows. Have not attended a Gales show yet. Hmmm.

Saw him during a guitar show jam. Didn't know who he was. Blew me away. I don't say that often.
He smoked, and there were a lot of great guitarists on that stage.

Seen him a couple times. Also seen his brother Manuel a bunch before he died. Met him. Great player and a real nice, cool guy. The whole Gales family is pretty much a family of badass guitar players.

Him and Albert King both play upside down. I guess it perhaps comes from being a lefty with only right handed guitars available? IDK...everytime I watch them play it's weird.

What does he go on about? Addiction stuff?
Who the fuck knows. I think he likes to hear himself talk. He was never better than in the 90’s when he had the band with his brother. Great tunes as well. This guy went from Marshall’s, Mesa Boogie, Two Rock, to the POS solid state toy amp he uses currently. In between bs tunes, shitty tone, sermons, and his wife onstage, I gave up on this guy years ago.

Who the fuck knows. I think he likes to hear himself talk. He was never better than in the 90’s when he had the band with his brother. Great tunes as well. This guy went from Marshall’s, Mesa Boogie, Two Rock, to the POS solid state toy amp he uses currently. In between bs tunes, shitty tone, sermons, and his wife onstage, I gave up on this guy years ago.
My favorite Gales stuff is easily the Left Hand Brand album with all three Gales brothers contributing vocals, guitar work, and song writing. I think it was mostly Mesa amps at that time. Eugene is the best songwriter and most competent at bass and I think some of Eric's output has suffered without Eugene. Eugene can wail on a guitar but Eric rips the guitar the most. Manuel had the best vocal and was my favorite overall because he was more straight blues and had that smoky vocal. I also don't know what happened with Eric's amp deal. Less than ten years ago he was using Fuchs and a 5k signature Two Rock and now he endorses the junk SS stuff.

Back