Sell all my amps for Diezel VHX?

joafink2

Looks like sweetwater has some coming in relatively soon. Really contemplating selling my einstein, shiva 20th, and FM3 to cover the cost of this thing. This could be the amp of ALL amps. Dumb move? What say ye?

TTV":1zqdq1us said:
Not worth, what extra do you expect??

Hahaha. Fair enough. I just assumed since this was the DIEZEL forum that there would be people who are as excited about the new VHX as I am.

joafink2":10n1y1o8 said:
Hahaha. Fair enough. I just assumed since this was the DIEZEL forum that there would be people who are as excited about the new VHX as I am.

;) Indeed, this is the DIEZEL forum and there are people excited about VHX among others. I'm also slightly into VHX, but not consider to swap my gear to it, maybe it will be 'yet another addition' some day...

My point was, that what extra do you expect from VHX compared to your existing gear? Your amps are quite broad sounding and fit to many genres, while FM3 is on top of the modeling technology and allows fantastic soundscape. Surely VHX has all the sounds and magic of Diezel house inside, and if that is the thing, then VHX is your choise.

Instead of the obvious "sell, go for VHX" praises, I just gave the other approach, with which I have also struggled :thumbsup:

I would say VHX + FM3 + expression pedal would be the perfect combination here, so it would be extremely portable, no digital compromise on sound, more effects that you would ever need, and cabless operation.

I would keep the FM3 because of some exotic effects and because being a foot controller you could use it to control the VHX (if it has a MIDI out)

giphy.gif

Leo Diezel":16w5v1vt said:
I would say VHX + FM3 + expression pedal would be the perfect combination here, so it would be extremely portable, no digital compromise on sound, more effects that you would ever need, and cabless operation.

I would keep the FM3 because of some exotic effects and because being a foot controller you could use it to control the VHX (if it has a MIDI out)

LOVE the way you're thinking Leo. Thanks for the input.

VHX owner here, incredible device. The digital side for me just works so so well. Ive never compared it to a VH4, hell any other amp as this was my first but its a fantastic amp with great tone

Even my dog loves it

:LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-07-06 Kris ( dastrix80) • Instagram photos and videos.png
    Screenshot_2020-07-06 Kris ( dastrix80) • Instagram photos and videos.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 800
joafink2":18w3iqz5 said:
Looks like sweetwater has some coming in relatively soon. Really contemplating selling my einstein, shiva 20th, and FM3 to cover the cost of this thing. This could be the amp of ALL amps. Dumb move? What say ye?

Dibs on that Einstein ;) :)

dastrix":1ct6yrak said:
VHX owner here, incredible device. The digital side for me just works so so well. Ive never compared it to a VH4, hell any other amp as this was my first but its a fantastic amp with great tone

Even my dog loves it

So the first amp you've ever bought is a Diezel VHX!? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Talk about going hard in the paint :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Apex1Rg7X":69ti01l4 said:
joafink2":69ti01l4 said:

Dibs on that Einstein ;) :)

Hah! Seriously. Eintstein is such an awesome amp. I've tried to list it twice this week, but just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe I'll just stay put with my stuff until the verdict is in about the VHX.

Devin":mr0sstz9 said:
dastrix":mr0sstz9 said:

Even my dog loves it

So the first amp you've ever bought is a Diezel VHX!? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Talk about going hard in the paint :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Not here to fk spiders ;)

Mine will be here in DFW Friday. Please feel free to ask any questions...... going to start it with a Fractal MFC 101 mk3 for control and see how that works from there. Have an AXE 3 with a FC6 and waiting for the FM3. AXE 3 with it I think would be complete overkill!! My thoughts were along the same lines of control with a FM3 but then have to have power upfront as well as in back of the stage. Hate having to worry about both. My understanding is it seems volume will work from expression on controller and wah may be coming soon......

By the by I have a mint 50w Einstein that will be up for sale if anyone is interested as long as I really like the VHX. Open to offers

Bit the bullet and ordered the last one from Sweetwater. I love Leo's idea of using my FM3 with it. All authentic Diezel tones from the VHX with all that the FM3 offers for effects and other modeled amps along with being able to control the VHX via midi with the FM3. Sounds like an epic pair. I'm not selling my Einstein yet, but my Shiva 20th is listed if anyone is interested.

joafink2":z1e5d8ap said:
Bit the bullet and ordered the last one from Sweetwater. I love Leo's idea of using my FM3 with it. All authentic Diezel tones from the VHX with all that the FM3 offers for effects and other modeled amps along with being able to control the VHX via midi with the FM3. Sounds like an epic pair. I'm not selling my Einstein yet, but my Shiva 20th is listed if anyone is interested.

I was told all 5 were spoken for so good for you!! Let me know when you get it and how you like using the FM3 with it. I’m getting mine tomorrow and trying it with my old MFC mark 3. Been told volume will work off of expression right off the bat and they are working on a soon to be released software version that will have expression wah.

Hpskateski":30lm0ucj said:
joafink2":30lm0ucj said:

I was told all 5 were spoken for so good for you!! Let me know when you get it and how you like using the FM3 with it. I’m getting mine tomorrow and trying it with my old MFC mark 3. Been told volume will work off of expression right off the bat and they are working on a soon to be released software version that will have expression wah.

I had "technically" preordered it with my sweetwater card last week which had been closed due to inactivity. My sales rep asked me for a new card last night and I told him to cancel my order. Then this morning I had a change of heart and went on the website and it said 1 available (which was mine originally). So I went ahead and ordered it. Only reason I was on the fence was because of price and because I already love the Einstein that I have. I didn't realize they only had 5 that were coming in. I guess I got lucky that it was still available.

Enjoy the FM3. It's an awesome unit!

joafink2":1ktw5vq3 said:
Hpskateski":1ktw5vq3 said:
joafink2":1ktw5vq3 said:

I had "technically" preordered it with my sweetwater card last week which had been closed due to inactivity. My sales rep asked me for a new card last night and I told him to cancel my order. Then this morning I had a change of heart and went on the website and it said 1 available (which was mine originally). So I went ahead and ordered it. Only reason I was on the fence was because of price and because I already love the Einstein that I have. I didn't realize they only had 5 that were coming in. I guess I got lucky that it was still available.

Actually its my VHX getting here today. No telling when I’ll get the invite from Fractal. I was curious to how how the integration between your FM3 and the VHX goes. Keep me posted

Hpskateski":2ylde5g8 said:
joafink2":2ylde5g8 said:
Hpskateski":2ylde5g8 said:
joafink2":2ylde5g8 said:

Actually its my VHX getting here today. No telling when I’ll get the invite from Fractal. I was curious to how how the integration between your FM3 and the VHX goes. Keep me posted

Gotcha! Will do!

Back