Seymour Duncan Custom Custom

nitro

Ive been listening to some clips on youtube(Darion Van halen,Jacob Derap,and some others)and I like what im hearing.Your opinions on that pickup......

I find that unless your guitar is extraordinarily bright sounding and you are looking to tame it, this pickup sounds muddy as hell. All mids and a little low end. But then again, you already know that because myself and several others in another thread told you that and yet, you continue asking about it...

Steve

sah5150":3omw2qe3 said:
I find that unless your guitar is extraordinarily bright sounding and you are looking to tame it, this pickup sounds muddy as hell. All mids and a little low end. But then again, you already know that because myself and several others in another thread told you that and yet, you continue asking about it...

Steve
Hm..that might be right up my alley...

My Artcore is all maple. Way too bright. I love how it plays, but plugging it in is so frustrating.

All mud here as well... that pup sucks. Has a nice high end but i can't deal with the low end and lack of definition. It just doesn't bite. If you like warm and alnico II magnet , just get a duncan alnico II bucker or Slash signature. Great pup. Not super gainy though.

No mud here at all (500k pots)

Clear sounding pickup with Mid output, rolled back top end
Low end is weak however
Sounds great split

NEAL SCHON has been using them for a few years now and it never sounds muddy in his PRS's or Les paul ;)
I always got a great Fair warning tone when using one :yes:

I always end up checking if I have rolled off the tone knob with the Custom Custom, not enough bite for me but it does well for smooth leads.

I used a Custom Custom in an alder floyd/strat. I thought it sounded dark and kinda dull. The Custom and JB sounded way better.

I didn't care for the CC myself, I felt it lacked articulation and dynamics, but use what works best for YOU!

I don't care for it either, unless you cut the wires to the tone knob. Which makes sense since Van Halen meant for it to be used that way. No tone knob makes this pickup bite perfectly. I find the lack of bass helpful, since I usually dial it out in my daw anyway.

This song is all Custom Custom as are most of them in my Soundcloud;

https://soundcloud.com/acidsunkings/blazin-jazz

Grrrip":1iyo39bc said:
I don't care for it either, unless you cut the wires to the tone knob. Which makes sense since Van Halen meant for it to be used that way. No tone knob makes this pickup bite perfectly. I find the lack of bass helpful, since I usually dial it out in my daw anyway.

This song is all Custom Custom as are most of them in my Soundcloud;

https://soundcloud.com/acidsunkings/blazin-jazz

Bypassing the tone circuit is the same thing as having the tone knob maxed out for the most part.

In bright guitars that I am not using for Metal I absolutely love them. I have one in my 86 San Dimas Jackson and
through my JVM 210H it sounds killer. IMO a really good lead players pickup if it's in a bright guitar, single notes sound nice and big.
The bottom end is somewhat loose and they are not very "hot" so not a great "metal" pickup but in the right guitar
for playing rock (I'm using this in a blues based rock band, so not really much crazy 'shred') but really good for medium gain "rock" stuff.

Back