Silent Recording with Fryette Powerstation (total beginner)

johnpace2

Hey Guys,

I want to be able to do some silent recording and use some cabinet impulses. I have an amp>Fryette Powerstation>Audio Interface>DAW. What do I need to run the cabinet impulses? The impulses from Ownhammer seem to be the way to go, just not sure what I need to be able to use them.

I'm new to this, so thanks for any advice!

John

I know you didn't ask this, but I thought I'd throw this out there since I use the Powerstation for silent recording. Set the switches to Deep and Edge. It does a much better job making it sound like your amp than Flat does. Warm and Bright are good as well, but I still prefer Deep and Edge. You may already know this, but make sure the speaker out of the Powerstation is connected to a cab or another load.

fearhk213":3qua84qd said:
I know you didn't ask this, but I thought I'd throw this out there since I use the Powerstation for silent recording. Set the switches to Deep and Edge. It does a much better job making it sound like your amp than Flat does. Warm and Bright are good as well, but I still prefer Deep and Edge. You may already know this, but make sure the speaker out of the Powerstation is connected to a cab or another load.

Thanks, I appreciate the tips. I haven't tried this yet, but will soon.

slyym":3rd436sk said:
A convolution reverb plugin or the Two Notes wall of sound plug in which is free I think.

Awesome, I'll give two notes a shot since it looks pretty easy to use.

Two Notes is a 30 day trial. Comes with two cabs. An 800 Marshall and 2x12 Hiwatt. After that you need to buy at least one $7 cab.

The Ownhammer and Redwirez are cool too. Download Ignite Amps NadIR to load them. It's good to have both.

fearhk213":1ecejgos said:
Completely agree about setting the switches to deep/edge! But if the power station was made recently it does not need a load connected for silent recording, and doesn't even need the power to be on. They posted on TGP that serial numbers beginning with PSG have this ability. I think units made earlier can be modded for this as well.

Back