SLO Preamp AiC fun !

He quad tracks his guitars in the studio.

That's why he's Jerry CAN trell

not Jerry CANT rell.

:coffee:

Yeah pretty common really. I've seen projects with 8 guitar tracks. When I recorded with my old band we would do a minimum of two tracks per guitarist.

You do as many as you need to get that spatial depth you hear in the room with your cab.

Yeah pretty common really. I've seen projects with 8 guitar tracks. When I recorded with my old band we would do a minimum of two tracks per guitarist.

You do as many as you need to get that spatial depth you hear in the room with your cab.
That last one was a Fortin JMP-1 preamp blended with my SLO preamp.

One does what the other doesn't.. Kind of fills in the gaps in the audio spectrum.

Picture this. Your cab is projecting sound all around, and it bouncing off things a different distances from your ears, and each of your ears are picking these sounds up differently. It all comes together as big, fat.

Then you record it, and it sound flat.

Those multi tracks you're doing is an attempt to recreate this.

That last one was a Fortin JMP-1 preamp blended with my SLO preamp.

One does what the other doesn't.. Kind of fills in the gaps in the audio spectrum.

That's Adam Jones philosophy. Pretty good way to do it.

You really need to do multiple takes, and blend them to get that fatness.

That's Adam Jones philosophy. Pretty good way to do it.

You really need to do multiple takes, and blend them to get that fatness.
I did a quick take with 4 tracks.. I learned some stuff from watching a video by the beards & riffs dude.

Panning, EQ shelving on bus to account for buildup when using multiple guitar tracks..

Found a few more pics of my first SLO build
IMG_20140708_180122.jpg

IMG_4669.JPG

IMG_4667.JPG

Back