Snagged a W800

Thanks! What speakers did you play it thru? My Friedman 4x12 with v30s and greenbacks sound great with it as well as the 68 basketweave with old broke in T1511 greenbacks. Guess I’m used to the more compressed Marshall’s and Friedman’s. Haven’t had a Wizard in about 2 years so it’s been a welcome and missed change. Every time I play it I immediately start playing AC/DC riffs lol. Love that punch.
Was running it through an omega with dv77s, I don't use compression as a negative word, it just wasn't exactly what I'm looking for, I almost kept it for that punch, but I'm looking for something nastier in the midrange, maybe a modded jcm800, right now I'm back to my grano

Was running it through an omega with dv77s, I don't use compression as a negative word, it just wasn't exactly what I'm looking for, I almost kept it for that punch, but I'm looking for something nastier in the midrange, maybe a modded jcm800, right now I'm back to my grano
Ever played a Carstens Grace? Killer amp and has a cool sounding midrange. Brian Carstens is a friend and great guy, builds awesome amps

Yes. It was built in November/December 2020
Hey man. Bumping an old thread (couldn’t send you a private message..?). Did you ever use the FX loop on this W800? I used it for the first time and noticed a pretty pronounced low end hum when engaged..? Curious if this is normal for a Wizard.

Hey man. Bumping an old thread (couldn’t send you a private message..?). Did you ever use the FX loop on this W800? I used it for the first time and noticed a pretty pronounced low end hum when engaged..? Curious if this is normal for a Wizard.
Gonna say no. My w800's loop is dead quiet when engaged.

Yes. I used the loop, but I don’t recall any hum. I know that amp has been shipped around the country, had countless owners and spent time at GC (bought and returned a few times). Who knows if anything has happened to it.

I've heard a lot about those amps but I've heard they are notoriously loud,I mostly play at home so the wizards were themselves too loud for me
Grace is a cool amp. They have pretty good volume control as well IME. If you can, give one a try.

Back