So is the M2 / E2 a stand alone preamp?

E2 is a stand alone pre amp. It also integrates with our MOD 50 to allow you to have 2 more modules. It will be controlled via midi and will have a 8 button footswitch.
It will also work in any series loop. Take your JCM 800 with a loop and plug it into the loop and our E2 has a built in loop switcher allowing it to work with any loop! It will street in July for $1200 with 2 modules.

Buckeyedog":6cro7zsi said:
Sweet! You guys open on Thursday?? May need one of them there 112's....... :rock: :thumbsup: :D

Yup here tomorrow..but the world will stop because its my sister bday in the shop and well ya know chicks!

A collective round of applause form us to Egnater for rolling out the coolest stuff ever. I think you blew everybody away this year guys, seriously.

Tell ya what... I've been saving a space in my rack for the E2 ever since rumors started flying around. I expect it'll be a hot item, since it'll not only appeal to us Egnater junkies but will also be a cool add-on for folks with "compromised" amps. (You know what I'm talking about... I would've loved to add a T/D clean channel to my Marshall TSL100 at the time, or add a COD smooth lead tone to my Rectoverb at the time, etc.

Question: Were there any new modules (aside from the announcement of single channel modules) introduced at NAMM?

--B

Singles for now I think he said in another thread .were .

Twin, SL2, EG5, COD to start available by order in a few weeks

FUCKING.....WANT.... :doh:

Jeff Hilligan":250ty8h4 said:
E2 is a stand alone pre amp. It also integrates with our MOD 50 to allow you to have 2 more modules. It will be controlled via midi and will have a 8 button footswitch.
It will also work in any series loop. Take your JCM 800 with a loop and plug it into the loop and our E2 has a built in loop switcher allowing it to work with any loop! It will street in July for $1200 with 2 modules.

3 Mile Stone":2qdblbqd said:
A collective round of applause form us to Egnater for rolling out the coolest stuff ever. I think you blew everybody away this year guys, seriously.

can't wait to get my e2 woooooooooooot

Casey Hanson":3dvrlzxl said:
felineguitars":3dvrlzxl said:
How would I be able to use it with an M4?
I have a slot free in my rack and 2 extra modules would be cool

sure! you can use it with anything..

No - I wondered because the M4 doesn't have an FX loop, although by the fact that it's just a preamp you could insert the E2 after the M4
Is that correct?

felineguitars":am389al3 said:
Casey Hanson":am389al3 said:
felineguitars":am389al3 said:
How would I be able to use it with an M4?
I have a slot free in my rack and 2 extra modules would be cool

sure! you can use it with anything..

No - I wondered because the M4 doesn't have an FX loop, although by the fact that it's just a preamp you could insert the E2 after the M4
Is that correct?

From what I understand it'd be like this: the e2 has a switcher in which you can put your m4 in, so it would allow you to use the e2 going to a poweramp, or use the m4 going into a poweramp. I'm guessing you would plug your guitar into the e2 and let that take care of the switching.

The reason they said it can work with any head with an effects loop is because heads with effects loop basically allow you to separate the preamp section and the poweramp section, so you can switch between the e2 and the amps preamp section, and either signal would go into the amps poweramp. If you wanted to use one with a head that didn't have an effects loop you would need to buy additional gear. If your amp has an effects loop, or you are using it with a rack preamp, then no extra gear needed.

Must tell you Jeff, this is very exciting. I was thinking about buying a Randall RM100, installing a Mercury Magnetics and maybe having the head modded to accept Egnater dual modules.....but it would still be a 70 lb amp head.

I am guessing an E2, 1U and maybe a small one space effects processor like the Rocktron Xpression will still come in well under 70 lbs. I am curious the approximate weight on the new 1U power amp!

Heck, with this rig, it should be light, no modifications necessary and I could still use some of my favorite modified Randall modules like the XTC. :thumbsup: Win -Win situation.

Back