SOLD

Lavely

Getting out of the Boogie game! Actually, I have a couple 20/20 power amps and I'm keeping one for my WDW setup. All three items work as they should, all have been used so show some rack wear, but nothing crazy. Happy to snap more photos if you would like. Prices include shipping and cover Paypal fees.

Boogie Triaxis Preamp - $2,000 obo, REDUCED TO $1,800 obo
Perhaps the only preamp that I have LOVED on both clean and distortion stuff for years, the only one that truly sounds like a great amp head (to me). Paired with the 2:90, this has some special switchability options as well. Really nice piece of gear for anyone wanting a very toneful, versatile preamp. Mine is serial number T7660, which I believe makes it version TX-4 with the Phat Mod (can anyone confirm or enlighten me as to whether I have correctly identified this?). Let me know if this pricing is off base - I believe this model is the "most desired" and therefore a bit more expensive than earlier models, but I'm not an expert, so please point me to any info that contradicts my thoughts - I'm open to learning if I'm wrong.

Boogie 2:90 Power Amp - ***SOLD***
Just a wonderful, powerful, deep, punchy power amp. I tried several with the Triaxis, and no surprise that this one is the perfect match, given they were marketed as such.
Footswitch included to switch among the three modes:
"Three voicing jacks take their cues from the TriAxis™ Preamps’ External Switching Jacks under midi or can be triggered by any tip-to-ground switcher. Deep extends the bottom for a huge low end; Half-Drive knocks down the wattage for a low power clip; and Modern brings forward an aggressive top end for tight tracking crunch."

Boogie 20/20 Power Amp - ***SOLD***
Roughly 20 watts/side, plenty powerful for stage work! I find this to be preferable to solid state for my WDW rig (I have another I'm keeping) - just seems a bit more "real" or less sterile to my ears.

Untitled by joelavely, on Flickr

Last edited:
You're after that serial # so technically it shouldn't have the tx4 board.BUT- many back then were sent back to mesa and got fitted with the tx4 recto board. So if yours has the tx4 board in it,it was added in a later time.
Screenshot_20200407-093436_Chrome.jpg

@Little B - I don't know any more than I can Google, but the Mesa website text below indicates mine came with the Phat Mod and implies it should have the TX4 circuit board (and, obviously, you can see the TX4 board in the pic).

Serial #T5200 to T8278 - 3/1997 - Phat Mod. The Phat Mod offers a tonal change, affecting some aggressive upper mids in the Ld1 Red mode for a smoother top end. All units between #5200 and #8278 left the factory with the Phat mod. Many units between #1631 and #5200 have been Phat Modded and some units with the Phat Mod have had it removed. The only true way to tell if a unit does or does not have the Phat Mod is to remove its lid and check to see if parts (resistors & capacitors) are missing from the top left corner of the TX4 circuit board (as you face the TriAxis) or to perform a play test comparison with a known unit. Missing TX4 components indicate the unit has the Phat Mod. All units after #5200 have new Ld1 Red Factory Presets programmed into the Eprom. These Factory Presets were added to coincide with sound of the Phat Mod. Adding or removing the Phat Mod does not change the Eprom or these Presets:

Serial #T8279 to current production - 10/2004 - TX4 board removed because parts needed for it are no longer available. The Ld1 Red sound reverts back to the “British Lead” style (same as a Version 1 TriAxis). This also means that the Phat Mod no longer applies. No unit before #1631 or after #8279 can now be modified with the TX4/Recto board (the parts just aren’t available) and no unit with the TX4/Recto board can have it removed. All units shipped after #8279 have the Factory Presets manually defeated, and a new Preset #1 programmed to coincide with the change to Ld 1 Red:

For anyone who is looking the Phat mod can be reversed. Pretty easy to do so for those looking for a non Phat this one looks very clean!

Back