Sourcing transformers for 2c+ build, Advice needed

BesaMoogie

Hi,
I have the possibility to buy PCB borads for a 2c+ clone from AmpClones. The PCBs are no longer in production but I`ve read, that they are of good quality.
I`m a bit hesitant as sourcing the transformers is going to be the most difficult part I guess.

So first, isn`t the whole 2c+ thing not all about the transformers and the reason why the amp can`t be replicated?
What would be a good way to get transformers as close to the original ones?

I`m thinking in multiple directions.
I remember reading, that for getting the original Marshall 80ies transformers one can even buy a 9000 poweramp on the cheap to get two 50w transformers. But I guess, there is no "on the cheap" with boogie and molesting a boogie kind of gives me a bad feeling.

Mesa sells a PT they say is used in the 100w mark 2,3 and some other amps on their site, not sure about an OT. Pulls from an early mark 3 might work as well. Although parts only mark 3’s are rare and quite pricey. I’d imagine the grailtone guys would have more answers on specs and who can build a suitable copy.

Mark II / III (and the first 503 Dual rectos PT's) were all Schumacher PT / OT's - they are no longer made so if you want exact you would need to pull from another boogie.

The replacement OT's for old Fenders should be a good choice. The 4.4K primary for 50W or 2.2K for 100W for Bassman and Showman. Are you going to mix 6L6GC and EL34's with the Simulclass?

Back