Steel Panther on AGT

I just searched for what to happened to their former bassist Lexxi Foxx. Says he started a family and moved outside Chicago...wonder if there's more to it than that :unsure:

I just searched for what to happened to their former bassist Lexxi Foxx. Says he started a family and moved outside Chicago...wonder if there's more to it than that :unsure:

He’s in another band that’s really….not good. Some rap metal band. There was some talk about him have sex addiction issues that were a big reason for him leaving, but I dunno if that’s part of the shtick or not.

Too bad, too, he was fucking hilarious. I’ve seen them 3-4x and met them in an airport and outside a venue, the shows are half improv comedy/half concert and they’re really good dudes. When I met em at Logan in Boston I walked up behind them singing “Community Property” and they all turned around with big smiles, took a few minutes to shoot the shit and then hauled ass to make their flight. Didn’t say a word about being late or anything.

The AGT thing is ridiculous.. I love how they act like they are blown away by the judges putting them through. Like they care or need it. I am assuming they know someone who works on set and they thought it would be fun to have them go on. All the canned cheering and applause and the panel doing devil horns was cringe.

Read an interview recently with Russ where he said they all feel a little pidgeonholed by Steel Panther because it was a joke starting out, but they're making so much cash and are so popular worldwide now, they're just gonna ride it until it flames out. Lexi would never have quit if he weren't very financially stable.

interview-talk.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Geo
Ok, most know that Satchel uses an atomic modeler. No monitors or in ears I'm assuming they were lip syncing? The guy in the audience plugging his ears was funny especially since everyone around him was going nuts!

Used to be a big fan till their last 2 albums,... nuff said.

Ok, most know that Satchel uses an atomic modeler. No monitors or in ears I'm assuming they were lip syncing? The guy in the audience plugging his ears was funny especially since everyone around him was going nuts!

Used to be a big fan till their last 2 albums,... nuff said.

Same, it is too much rehash and vanilla song writing wise. Guitars and band sounded live, hard to say with Star. I am assuming some of it may have been but he usually uses a track to hit the high notes. They make fun of the 80's so for sure they are going to use the Paul Stanley method where needed. He always over sells the high notes by bending back and pulling the mic away.

Same, it is too much rehash and vanilla song writing wise. Guitars and band sounded live, hard to say with Star. I am assuming some of it may have been but he usually uses a track to hit the high notes. They make fun of the 80's so for sure they are going to use the Paul Stanley method where needed. He always over sells the high notes by bending back and pulling the mic away.
Pulling away from the mic is preferred to tone deaf singers I've been in bands with who are all in and make everyone suffer with them :eek:
The different colored 4x12 cabs and the fact that Satchel has not used a real amp on stage for about 6 years makes me think they were lip syncing
The show had to have scrambled to get what they asked for. Kind of weird overall that they would be on the show at all
I think they know they are toward the end of what they are doing and need a jolt??

Here is a question, what does the 'woke' culture think of them? o_O Seem like the audience liked em except that one guy plugging his ears

Pulling away from the mic is preferred to tone deaf singers I've been in bands with who are all in and make everyone suffer with them :eek:
The different colored 4x12 cabs and the fact that Satchel has not used a real amp on stage for about 6 years makes me think they were lip syncing
The show had to have scrambled to get what they asked for. Kind of weird overall that they would be on the show at all
I think they know they are toward the end of what they are doing and need a jolt??

Here is a question, what does the 'woke' culture think of them? o_O Seem like the audience liked em except that one guy plugging his ears

I have no idea why they are doing the show. I think it started as a joke and they just went with it. Vergara knew who they were and mentioned they played her husband's birthday party so you know they are banking good cash if they are doing private hollywood bashes. They also seem to do well enough on tour so maybe they know the well will run dry soon so time to pad their index funds so they can live off the monthly when they no longer have the schtick. It will also pay for Michael's plastic surgery.

Back