"stereo" effects that are capable of Dual mono?

eternal_idol

Or better yet, Dual independent mono, At-least for modulation.

Got an email for an acquaintance, his band is tracking materiel with Amplitube? i think, and the lead guitarist came across a tone set that he wants to try to reproduce live.

to sum it up, in a more digestible wording than i got it. He wants an effects unit(s) that does dual independent processing that is midi controllable, to go in the loops of his amps. (two, didn't ask what they were other then that they have series loops, which they do)

amp1 send-> delay 1/2 -> mod 1/2-> back to amp 1
amp2 send-> delay 3/4 -> mod 3/4 -> back to amp 1

and ONE unit handling the delays and one unit handling the Mods. Ideally in his words. one box that will work for all.. :scared:

he does have a few stipulations tho.. :doh:

He "doesn't want to pay for any line6 look alike" I'm not sure if he is limiting that to actually Line6 or things like the AX8 (does this thing have the power and capability to do dual mono with unique processing?), And he Wants Knobs to tweak. so i think that eliminates rack efx processors?

I, for the life of me can't think of a unit(or pair of units) that fits this description exactly.

I've come up with two options. 2x eventide timefactors with 2x modfactors. or just a pair of H9max. Total new is similar for both options oddly.

Can anyone think of anything better that will work as seamlessly? as the units can be set to bypass via midi so extra switching isn't need.
:doh: :confused:

Cheers

eternal_idol":3c9gej5e said:
Or better yet, Dual independent mono, At-least for modulation.

Got an email for an acquaintance, his band is tracking materiel with Amplitube? i think, and the lead guitarist came across a tone set that he wants to try to reproduce live.

to sum it up, in a more digestible wording than i got it. He wants an effects unit(s) that does dual independent processing that is midi controllable, to go in the loops of his amps. (two, didn't ask what they were other then that they have series loops, which they do)

amp1 send-> delay 1/2 -> mod 1/2-> back to amp 1
amp2 send-> delay 3/4 -> mod 3/4 -> back to amp 1

and ONE unit handling the delays and one unit handling the Mods. Ideally in his words. one box that will work for all.. :scared:

he does have a few stipulations tho.. :doh:

He "doesn't want to pay for any line6 look alike" I'm not sure if he is limiting that to actually Line6 or things like the AX8 (does this thing have the power and capability to do dual mono with unique processing?), And he Wants Knobs to tweak. so i think that eliminates rack efx processors?

I, for the life of me can't think of a unit(or pair of units) that fits this description exactly.

I've come up with two options. 2x eventide timefactors with 2x modfactors. or just a pair of H9max. Total new is similar for both options oddly.

Can anyone think of anything better that will work as seamlessly? as the units can be set to bypass via midi so extra switching isn't need.
:doh: :confused:

Cheers

He could use MIDI CC#'s to control MIX, and output levels w/ the Eventides via expression pedals, but sounds like he could utilize a MIDI Loop switching system.

post-13458-0-75866900-1321128456.jpg

I got some more info.

He sorta.. has one.. and he doesn't really want something that takes up loops as his current only has one loop free (boss es-5 he has, it out front of both amps, with only one loop remaining) looking for something that just do the job that can use a "by-pass" un effected patch as "by-pass".

He doesn't seem to interested in expression pedals, more into one button automation. Also confined to his pedal board and under 40Lbs before case (he wants to be able to fly with it)

If we found one of those units.. its greatness would be lost on this guy! he just wants droning evil washy sounds for weird song parts. I'd keep that for my self :m17:

So I mentioned to him the two ideas so far, let him deal with the knobs vs software interface problem.

personally I'd prolly go with all the above one of each, Timefactor, modfactor and H9... AND the switching and whole nine yards.

eternal_idol":1h6icvfq said:
I got some more info.

He sorta.. has one.. and he doesn't really want something that takes up loops as his current only has one loop free (boss es-5 he has, it out front of both amps, with only one loop remaining) looking for something that just do the job that can use a "by-pass" un effected patch as "by-pass".

He doesn't seem to interested in expression pedals, more into one button automation. Also confined to his pedal board and under 40Lbs before case (he wants to be able to fly with it)

If we found one of those units.. its greatness would be lost on this guy! he just wants droning evil washy sounds for weird song parts. I'd keep that for my self :m17:

So I mentioned to him the two ideas so far, let him deal with the knobs vs software interface problem.

personally I'd prolly go with all the above one of each, Timefactor, modfactor and H9... AND the switching and whole nine yards.

The way I am running my 1210 is-- it has a switch on the back which mutes the DRY Signal, and I use a Function switch to Bypass.

Back