Strandberg 6

Lol, a RT pro...
I wonder if the hardware is any good on the non trem, if it's comfortable or total garbage.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a lot of guys saying they are great guitars, even thought they are made where, Indonesia? I’ve seen guys open up the workshop and play the shit out of them, but I wonder if they are secretly playing a Japan custom shop model or USA build, or even Swedish made by strandberg himself?

Many shredders on instagram say they are great playing and sounding guitars and supposedly the neck feels good, and that neck shape is bizarre. Don’t they come with Suhr pickups?

Not suhr lol, maybe the frets are stainless. Some look like they have fanned/multi scale frets too.

I’m very stuck with traditional models but the engineer in me loves these guitars. If it weren’t for my stubborn ass “not paying that for Indo builds” I’d have one 2 years ago. I still want pretty hard.

I’ve seen a lot of guys saying they are great guitars, even thought they are made where, Indonesia? I’ve seen guys open up the workshop and play the shit out of them, but I wonder if they are secretly playing a Japan custom shop model or USA build, or even Swedish made by strandberg himself?

I have an older Korean one. Very well made guitars. Metal hardwares on these have a tendency to rust after a few years though.

I've played a bunch and want to like them but can't for whatever reason. The neck shape is cool AF. Quality seems hit or miss.
+1
I have been interested in these since they went on clearance at local GC.

Jumped at the chance when @Shredsmcgee offered to bring his over.

My first impression was, as he pulled out this half sized gig bag, that the neck must be unscrewed from the body, and needs screwed on after pulling out of the bag. It was that small. No. Truth is, without a headstock, the fully assembled guitar fits in a tiny gig bag.
+1 point for traveling

Plugging into a small, battery powered amp at home (not sure the model), feeling out the schtick, kinda getting used to the weird neck and unorthodox fret angles. Feels and sounds really good.

Ray's (@Shredsmcgee ) Strandberg is a higher end model, don't remember which one. After a few minutes, plays like butta. Impressed. Seriously, getting close to nailing some of my best lead runs without any warmup.
+1 point for playability.

So I switch to the big amps (MOAB, EVH), with Suhr Modern Satin Flame and @scottosan Blackie Charvel, for a bit of reference. Fantastic playing guitars. Kind of stumbling on the bigger neck of the Suhr, not quite nailing the higher notes on Blackie.
Feeling cumbersome on both.

Back to the Strandberg, nailing the runs.
Have gotten used to the lighter feel, flatter radius...allowing quite a bit of dynamic expression without a dramatic amount of pick adjustment. Loving the ease of play.
Not only playing killer, but sounding fantastic through the EVH & MOAB. Great pups, not the usual Suhr offering, rather something a bit more special.
+1 point again for playability and sound.

Loving it at this point.
🤩😘😍🥰

So I stop in the local GC next chance I get, and plug a Boden Prog NX with green quilted maple top into a Friedman Twin Sisters with matching 1x12 cab. Guitar looks fantastic, marked down at $1899 if you're in DFW. Good deal, no affiliation.
Amp is good for clean with light breakup to hard rock dirt. Kind of dark thru the matching 1x12 with a G12-65m creamback, deserves an H75 or V30 to cut.
Gorgeous guitar, but playability and sound is not on the same level as @Shredsmcgee Ray's. Setup? Specs? (like those proprietary pups) Difficult for me to say.
-2 points for subpar setup and sound. Boooo

All I can say is, I would plop down 2g for his axe, but not the green one. The marked difference in feel and sound is worth a few bills. Not quite the difference between a Gibson and Epiphone, but at least a Slash model and a Studio. Ray's axe is killler. The green one needs some work. I think it would be on the same level with a good setup and top tier pups.

I kinda really want one, because they're amazing players once you're used to a good one.
And I kinda don't, because they're so different, that unless you have a great one, they're just an ordinary Indonesian guitar at a premium Japan guitar price.

Last edited:
I have the NX metal 6 with Suhr Aldrich pickups. The NX hardware is a step up from previous versions.

I mean.. i have been playing guitar since 1985 and own so many great guitars. I find the Strandberg to be really really ugly, but it's honestly, probably the best guitar i have played. Pretty much the only one I play at home. The EndurNeck is really comfy and natural. The richlite board and SS frets are super smooth. Stays in tune really well. IMO.. .great guitars.

+1
I have been interested in these since they went on clearance at local GC.

Jumped at the chance when @Shredsmcgee offered to bring his over.

My first impression was, as he pulled out this half sized gig bag, that the neck must be unscrewed from the body, and needs screwed on after pulling out of the bag. It was that small. No. Truth is, without a headstock, the fully assembled guitar fits in a tiny gig bag.
+1 point for traveling

Plugging into a small, battery powered amp at home (not sure the model), feeling out the schtick, kinda getting used to the weird neck and unorthodox fret angles. Feels and sounds really good.

Ray's (@Shredsmcgee ) Strandberg is a higher end model, don't remember which one. After a few minutes, plays like butta. Impressed. Seriously, getting close to nailing some of my best lead runs without any warmup.
+1 point for playability.

So I switch to the big amps (MOAB, EVH), with Suhr Modern Satin Flame and @scottosan Blackie Charvel, for a bit of reference. Fantastic playing guitars. Kind of stumbling on the bigger neck of the Suhr, not quite nailing the higher notes on Blackie.
Feeling cumbersome on both.

Back to the Strandberg, nailing the runs.
Have gotten used to the lighter feel, flatter radius...allowing quite a bit of dynamic expression without a dramatic amount of pick adjustment. Loving the ease of play.
Not only playing killer, but sounding fantastic through the EVH & MOAB. Great pups, not the usual Suhr offering, rather something a bit more special.
+1 point again for playability and sound.

Loving it at this point.
🤩😘😍🥰

So I stop in the local GC next chance I get, and plug a Boden Prog NX with green quilted maple top into a Friedman Twin Sisters with matching 1x12 cab. Guitar looks fantastic, marked down at $1899 if you're in DFW. Good deal, no affiliation.
Amp is good for clean with light breakup to hard rock dirt. Kind of dark thru the matching 1x12 with a G12-65m creamback, deserves an H75 or V30 to cut.
Gorgeous guitar, but playability and sound is not on the same level as @Shredsmcgee Ray's. Setup? Specs? (like those proprietary pups) Difficult for me to say.
-2 points for subpar setup and sound. Boooo

All I can say is, I would plop down 2g for his axe, but not the green one. The marked difference in feel and sound is worth a few bills. Not quite the difference between a Gibson and Epiphone, but at least a Slash model and a Studio. Ray's axe is killler. The green one needs some work. I think it would be on the same level with a good setup and top tier pups.

I kinda really want one, because they're amazing players once you're used to a good one.
And I kinda don't, because they're so different, that unless you have a great one, they're just an ordinary Indonesian guitar at a premium Japan guitar price.
My model is the new Pllni signature model. It has the Frank Brown designed custom pickups ( makes the pickups for Guthrie Govan's Signature Charvel). It has mahogany body and neck, with chambering and a solid maple top with a Blackwood veneer. Definitely plays great and really responds well to my picking style and ridiculous amounts of gain I throw at it. Got this one from GC of all places...but got to put my hands on it first! I have only done a very minimal setup, lowered action ever so slightly and about half a turn of the truss rod....thats it! Def enjoy the thicker tones of the mahogany as a different flavor to my basswood custom Tom Anderson ProAm (incredible guitars!) We need to have another impromptu "mini" amp fest again soon!

Back