Stratocaster Replacement Necks

jcmtone1

Looking to get a replacement neck for a strat. Any recommendations of good companies or independent builders would be great. Thanks

I know a lot of folks have had great experiences with MJT/USACG and Musikraft. I haven't bought any of their necks so can't comment there, but have been very happy with Allparts and Warmoth.

Allparts isn't really "custom" but they make a decent array of necks as long as you're not looking for any exotic woods. They are made in Japan, so when it comes to AmStrat replacement necks, the heel to pocket fit may be a bit snug (to the point of cracking your finish) just due to the metric to imperial interface.

I just got a Warmoth neck for another partcaster I've got going. The Warmoth neck is really nice, but I would say there are some design variations from a true Fender, mainly at the neck-to-headstock transition. You wouldn't notice anything looking at it from the front, but you'll notice it on the back. It has no negative functional impact... but if you're looking for an exact Fender neck repro, Warmoth wouldn't be it.

I love my Warmoth necks. Tons of options, you can really tailor it to your liking. Last one I bought was a tele in roasted maple with ss frets. Love it!

I've had 2 Warmoths, 1 USACG, and 1 Musikraft and they were all good. Also had an Allparts that was fine it just didn't sound or feel as good. Small sample sizes to be sure.

I have another Warmoth on the way; very simple 1-pc roasted Maple, 10"-14" compound, 6105 SS, SRV profile.

Back