Studio workspace

Exo-metal

Post your laboratory you use for all your sonic mayhem...I'm looking for examples for a small space in the house for mine.

I just posted this in the post your rig thread, but here:

IMG_7973.jpeg

Kickass man. Can you recommend a pedal to get the Hagen into death metal territory?
On a whim I purchased a Lichtlaerm audio Aquaria (Klon variation) and fell in love. So had to have more from them, got the King In Yellow and the Amber Spyglass. The King in Yellow (tube screamer variant) is unique because it has a loop on it so you can put another pedal in the loop and blend it in. I currently have the Griffen Chiron (Rig-Talk special run) in it's loop so it's like blending a tube screamer in parallel with a klon type. Badass grind.

But honestly, just about any OD with the level up, gain down is going to push the Hagen into hard metal tones.

My board, I have 9 OD pedals on a switcher to switch between them and they all sound great with the Hagen.

On a whim I purchased a Lichtlaerm audio Aquaria (Klon variation) and fell in love. So had to have more from them, got the King In Yellow and the Amber Spyglass. The King in Yellow (tube screamer variant) is unique because it has a loop on it so you can put another pedal in the loop and blend it in. I currently have the Griffen Chiron (Rig-Talk special run) in it's loop so it's like blending a tube screamer in parallel with a klon type. Badass grind.

But honestly, just about any OD with the level up, gain down is going to push the Hagen into hard metal tones.

My board, I have 9 OD pedals on a switcher to switch between them and they all sound great with the Hagen.
I’ve been checking out the Lichtlaerm stuff, looks great. I especially love the EQ options and the loop. You’d recommend the King in Yellow for DM tones with the Hagen? I’ve tried a TS9, Friedman Buxom, Dirty Tree, and a GE-7 and I like the sound of the GE-7 the best but in order to get the amount of grind I like I’m using it on channel 4. This is going direct into IRs too, which seems to be different than cranking the amp through a cab gain wise (to me at least).

I’ve been checking out the Lichtlaerm stuff, looks great. I especially love the EQ options and the loop. You’d recommend the King in Yellow for DM tones with the Hagen? I’ve tried a TS9, Friedman Buxom, Dirty Tree, and a GE-7 and I like the sound of the GE-7 the best but in order to get the amount of grind I like I’m using it on channel 4. This is going direct into IRs too, which seems to be different than cranking the amp through a cab gain wise (to me at least).
I do really love the Lichtlaerm pedals. The Spyglass is basically a parametric EQ, that is always on pushing mids. Then the other pedals come after. The Spyglass replaced my 10-band EQ. I think the combo of the GE-7 (in a frown pushing mids) and an OD is going to be great. I also run into the Suhr Reactive Load and then an IR. I have another EQ scooped in a smile after the Suhr RL. But there's many ways to get it though.

I think having an EQ in front and the EQ in the loop or post the power amp stage is the way to go to shape anything you want.

Back