Sweetwater>MusiciansFriend Fight Me.

klugster

Pre-Ordered a Jeff Hanneman Signature JH600 Ltd Guitar yesterday. Went thru Sweetwater, super easy. SOB was $2041 All in. But I'm a big Slayer fan so totally worth it to me. This will be my second one I've owned, lost the first one in a nasty divorce back in 2010. I really would like an actual ESP version, but holy smokes they are high. I have ordered tons of gear and accessories from both companies, always seems like I have better luck at sweetwater, although I'm sure there are horror stories from each...

Any particular horror stories to share?

1698238995458.png

I think "The Horror Story" Here is paying that much for that guitar.....when i've seen his models sell for $700.00 before.
Yeah, I paid $1000 for my first one, brand new in 2006, I think. now they are crazy expensive. If I wasn't such a Jeff Hanneman/Slayer fan...

Musiciansfriend and guitar center are the same company. I do prefer sweetwater as well and their recording gear guidance is actually top notch. I wouldn’t trust guitar center for recording knowledge at all.

I get better discounts + rewards points from MF. My old sales rep at SW was promoted to management, my new sales rep doesn't like to make deals, or offer better discounts.

I have a sales rep at MF I've been working with for several years now, same level of service as SW, better prices. Similar at Pro Audio Star, and I'd go there before SW if MF isn't able to deal.

I go where the best deals are.

:dunno:

I normally don't go with Sweetwater, usually GC. They are all useless.
But I just bought a four way switch and 047 cap from Sweetwater because I wanted to overpay for convenance.

Noticed when you pick your shipping option, they list the delivery company.
Funny, FedEx is the shit delivery company you opt to pay for.
UPS was free.

Sweetwater has never given me deals worth mentioning.
I get the better deals thru GC and if I don't like what I purchased, I can drive it back rather than ship...

Back