Sykes Live Video

Best hard rock rhythm guitarist ever. Not my favorite lead player but who cares? Sick playing here though. Whitesnake 1987 is one of the best hard rock albums ever. Tigers Of Poontang...hehe Pantang, I was listening to when I was 11 years old. Killer stuff. Doesn't matter to me what anyone else thinks. It's just rocking out.

MrDan666":3ulxrknw said:
Pretty sure it's Derek Sherinian :rock:

Yes, it's Derek. Derek was hired about 4 days before they went to Japan. The guy they were using just wasn't cutting it. So Derek came in and learned the set in a matter of days. One of his conditions for doing the shows was that John play on Derek's next album--which John did a few months later.

Sykes is the real deal; one of my all time fave players for sure. Not only can the guy sing his ass off but he can do it while wailing!!! Great line up too, Friggin Marco Mendoza and Tommy Aldredge??? cmon, it doesnt get much better than that

thanks for this Drew, JS is the man

Kage

Gainzilla":30cga27h said:
Sykes is the real deal; one of my all time fave players for sure. Not only can the guy sing his ass off but he can do it while wailing!!! Great line up too, Friggin Marco Mendoza and Tommy Aldredge??? cmon, it doesnt get much better than that

thanks for this Drew, JS is the man

Kage
Pretty sure that was Carmine Appice on drums. Sykes is just great. From what I understand Coverdale gave him the boot before the album this was on was even released. Kinda looks like he don't need Coverdale to me! :LOL: :LOL:

Killer video. Love Sykes. Wish he would bring back Blue Murder. I still rock the first Blue Murder cd pretty much every weekend.

Got to give it up for Johnny Sykes! One of my favorite guitarists and his tone is always great. He never got the recognition he deserved. He came up w/ some of the most melodic riffs and his phrasing is simply outstanding.

jerrydyer":p6h86nh1 said:
whos on keys there the gyt who used to be in dream theater, Not Kevin but right after?
Its Derek, and it appears he has a Leslie over there by him (???) wonder what song that was used on? :confused: GREAT STUFF!! Sykes is the man :thumbsup:

I think thats the first time I've seen JC-120's with Sykes, in addition to his Marshalls, is that somthing he did before that tour? Thats one of my favorite cleans of all time :D

Back