Synergy amps?

gtr31":2hgpgfo7 said:
Rising Farce":2hgpgfo7 said:
Hiatus O":2hgpgfo7 said:
Never heard of this stuff but after searching I'm intrigued.
Rising Farce had some meaty tones

Much appreciated. My only recording device is a Zoom Q4, so I'm not sure I'm capable of really doing justice to the modules.

That said, I'm told that Synergy is working on a full slate of (presumably) high-quality clips.

Hey Rising
I think I saw you comparing the DZL to Archon with a little less mid honk
Would you say the VH4 is scooped?? Or is it still pretty punch
For modern rock like Shinedown etc does it work well
Thanks

It's not scooped unless you want it to be. There should be plenty of cut and punch for that sort of music.

Kapo_Polenton":aiyioix7 said:
How about you guys with the synergy stuff do more clips?
Yeah man, I would love to demo these. Hell, not even looking for free gear! LOL! I'll send it back.

I hear that Shawn Tubbs is doing the full line as far as demo's go.

Received mine today, here's a quick clip:

Power amp: Marshall 2203KK (through the fx return)
Cab: Soldano 4x12"
Speaker: Eminence Texas Heat
Recorded with Tascam DR-05
Reamped from Ola Englund DI tracks, taken from the deluxe version of Feared - Furor Incarnatus.

Yeah the metropolous is the one that has my eye as well... in fact even the synergy plexi as there is the option to blend the high/low inputs which i think is brilliant. Myasnikov superlead covers my SLO needs.

Kapo_Polenton":18cbmrdu said:
Myasnikov superlead covers my SLO needs.

Did the Myasnikov preamp arrive safely? If so, how is it? IIRC, it's priced around $350 which is a little less than a $400 synergy module.

Thanks for posting the clip, godgrinder. Sounds good. What's your opinion on the sound, build quality, and use? Thanks.

metalsoup":3gd99ten said:
Kapo_Polenton":3gd99ten said:
Myasnikov superlead covers my SLO needs.

Did the Myasnikov preamp arrive safely? If so, how is it? IIRC, it's priced around $350 which is a little less than a $400 synergy module.

I think it is 390$ now but still a bargain. Yes it arrived safely in under two weeks and was very well packed. The guy has his business down to a science. Honestly, the preamp sounds fantastic. I like it between 3-4 on the preamp and I think this is the sweet spot for a lot of people on a real SLO lead channel. Had it both through my Lynch Box loop and my metro loop of my 82 JCM800. Big and crunchy, lots of detail. I love it. It easily beats the Mr. Scary module that I have in my RM100/Lynch Box and that one was already pretty damn good. Honestly, very very impressed. I will try to be up and running to at least do a clip on Monday.. I am now very interested in the Myasnikov british voiced pre with AFD 34/36/39 mod and classic voicing. If you have a good power amp, these things are great. The advantage of the RM100 poweramp is that I can throw in 6L6 or any other tube to get closer to what a SLO or Fender etc... would use. The poweramp is also fairly clean and neutral so it gives you options.

Damn MarcoR that was some very nice fluent and accented playing.

I like the DS module :doh:

What is the DS amp based off of? Mod'd Marshall?

jlbaxe":ztm3ar61 said:

Friedman Dirty Shirley amp (or preamp) which yes is sort of another take on a MArshall sorta thang.

MarcoR":2uruyf45 said:
Kapo_Polenton":2uruyf45 said:
How about you guys with the synergy stuff do more clips?

Here are a couple featuring the Friedman DS module in the SYN2...

Thanks for that.. do you have any other modules? Anyway you could do just some rythm playing on them through the gain ranges? Leads are definitely hard to gauge.

jlbaxe":1hkrm60r said:

Thank you!!!

The Friedman DS = the Dirty Shirley which is based off a modified JTM 45.

It's a very flexible module and the Cleans and Breakup tones are where it really shines.

Kapo_Polenton":1u98lgyt said:
Thanks for that.. do you have any other modules? Anyway you could do just some rythm playing on them through the gain ranges? Leads are definitely hard to gauge.

I'm going to try and do another more based around the SYN2 in the loop of my RM50 and also using the direct out for recording. I only have a couple Egnater modules that I modded but they seem to react nicely in the SYN2.

MarcoR":w17zcfia said:
jlbaxe":w17zcfia said:

Thank you!!!

The Friedman DS = the Dirty Shirley which is based off a modified JTM 45.

It's a very flexible module and the Cleans and Breakup tones are where it really shines.
Guess I will add that to my list. Thanks my MD brutha :LOL: :LOL:

Back