Synergy Module Recommendations

midgod07

Just got a Syn2 with a Bogner Uber module and I’m over the moon. I play hard rock/“old man metal” like Mastodon/Opeth. What modules would you recommend? I have a VH4 so I have that covered, seems like the SLO is another popular grab.

I don’t see a lot of love for the Friedman stuff? Can anyone weigh in on that?

Thanks!

My most played module is the Savage. I prefer it over the Uberschall. For the Uberschall, I mostly stick on the blue channel.

The IICP and SLO are solid too. The SLO blue channel is good at the 80s rock sound, but so is the Savage blue channel. My shortlist includes the 6505 and Powerball, and maybe one day the VH4 or Herbert.

I haven't played the Powerball, but it seems to receive praise for hard rock and metal.

Just got a Syn2 with a Bogner Uber module and I’m over the moon. I play hard rock/“old man metal” like Mastodon/Opeth. What modules would you recommend? I have a VH4 so I have that covered, seems like the SLO is another popular grab.

Thanks!
If you’re into Opeth definitely the SLO, they use it live.

I have the BE and I just don’t like it. It sounds so dull compared to the Uber and SLO. Of course, everything I have heard from even the full size Friedmans I feel the same, just my ears though.

I might grab another module — have thought about maybe one of the cleaner modules — but all of my needs are covered since getting my VHX.

You know, I never have gotten on with a Friedman actual amp either. Oddly I haven’t loved any soldano I’ve played…I saw the opeth rig rundown and love their tone though. I’ve heard rumors of an updated module though so I’ve been treading water.

You know, I never have gotten on with a Friedman actual amp either. Oddly I haven’t loved any soldano I’ve played…I saw the opeth rig rundown and love their tone though. I’ve heard rumors of an updated module though so I’ve been treading water.
When I was running the SLO through my V3’s power section (6L6) it was fantastic. That was also through older Carvin 100W British Series speakers… changed speakers and power and it was less than… I didn’t mess with the 3 position switch on it so maybe that was a factor with the new power/speaker setup.

Thanks!
So what did you get in the meantime? :)
The SLO is great, regarding the Friedmans the new BE DLX is absolutely amazing and the DS is one of my favorite modules too (not for metal tho).
Savage and IICP could be great for you too.

I landed on a Fender TLX for cleaner/bluesy/gritty tones and have just been running with the Uber. I enjoy it alot, the Uber is a monster. But I’m probably going to let the Synergy stuff go . . . I use a Helix with the band and have 2 tube heads and cabs that are the end of the road for me.

Reactions: rsm
Back