TC Flashback Delay

shreder75

Finally got one about a week ago. Got rid of a cheapo guitar, picked up the pedal. I'm digging it a shit-ton. Transparent with no tone suck, the tone prints are cool, and has just enough bells and whistles and versatility to keep me happy. Also, its simplicity is a plus in my book.

On a related note, I did get a chance to play my buddy's digitech hardwire DL 8. Ran it through his EVH LBX and 1x12 cab. ALSO a killer pedal, which sounds different enough to warrant me getting one in the not-too-distant future. You can never have enough delay pedals =D

Had the flashback. Inserted adaptor cord and the pin inside the flashback bent (after any warranties would have applied) Batteries lasted about 5 min. Dug the pedal but picked up a used digitech for much less $$$

I'm digging the Flashback x 4 tape echo tone print. .say that 3 times fast. I also like the tape mode a lot. And the 2290. And the petrucci mountain top. .and and and

I've got the Flashback x4 and the Alter Ego v2.

They're both great and I love Em both. The Alter Ego is best for vintage sounds and the Flashback is more suited to modern to my ears.

I have the flashbackx4 and dl8. Both great pedals. The flashback I find warmer, the dl8 I find more pristine and cutting.

blackba":3o7hiaar said:
I have the flashbackx4 and dl8. Both great pedals. The flashback I find warmer, the dl8 I find more pristine and cutting.

I'm just the opposite with these two pedals. The DL-8 reminds me of the old Roland SDE units where-as the Flashback is very TC hi-fi.

sgill72":3te6uygg said:
blackba":3te6uygg said:

I'm just the opposite with these two pedals. The DL-8 reminds me of the old Roland SDE units where-as the Flashback is very TC hi-fi.

Probably depends on the settings on both pedals and if you have yours in a loop. I use the 2290, space, and tube mostly on the flashback. I use the analog and modulated mostly not the dl8. I am running them in front of a clean vox ac50, which doesn't have a loop. Haven't gotten to getting a power station yet.

What were the old Roland sde units like? Never heard of one.

Back