Temple Audio pedalboards

Yeah, way better thought out than the classic pedal train which I find annoys me for placement of my pedals.. these are canadian made, do they ship from Canada? That would be to my advantage anyways.. customs is a bitch and the dollar is tanking.

Kapo_Polenton":3tajzywo said:
Yeah, way better thought out than the classic pedal train which I find annoys me for placement of my pedals.. these are canadian made, do they ship from Canada? That would be to my advantage anyways.. customs is a bitch and the dollar is tanking.

Yes it does ship from Canada. I found a lengthy thread on TGP about them, and it seems they have had pretty long lead times so far. Some of that may be customs, but the shipping cost isn't too much. Their website quoted me $28 to Tennessee.

I read about the lead times as well. Someone had mentioned that they buckle a bit or move in the middle of it. Who knows for sure?

I was intrigued by them when I saw them but I decided to pass. I've been stuck several times with smaller companies that can't produce product in a timely fashion and I'd prefer to not go that route again.

I contacted Temple earlier this year about a custom size board. Was interested in a 32" wide Trio size pedal. (Sort of strange that they jump from 28" wide to 43")

Anyway, they said they would charge me for the 43 and cut it down to whatever size I want for no extra charge. Not a bad deal really. I just don't know about the mounting hardware that they sell. I think I would just use plastic zip ties.

I received my Trio28 about a month ago. Pretty cool in some respects, but a bit frustrating in others.

Pros: I like the aesthetic qualities. I thought the price was reasonable. The deciding factor for me was the modular design - I can put a power jack, trs jacks for loops, etc., and midi in/out jacks...WHERE I want, without paying for a totally custom built board (because I experiment and change my mind too damn much!). I also really like the perforations on the top. Lastly, the larger holes allow you to rout cables nice and neatly however you want. I'm digging that a lot.

Cons: The first big surprise was the give/flex in the top. There is just nothing supporting the thin sheet of metal on top, so it flexes quite a bit. It made my wah pedal feel squishy. I understand some people "might not mind", but I definitely do. Second issue is that 3+ months later, I still haven't received the modules I ordered. I emailed a few weeks ago and they said "soon". Bummer! Lastly, I'm not crazy about the quick connect plates. They don't work well on pedals that don't have flat bottoms. Also, the one-time use adhesive pads aren't ideal for my pedal whorishness. I think for the few plates I am using, I'll order some blackbird pedalboard tape and have as much as I need.

I've attempted to make lemonade out of the few lemons here, and I built a support structure for the bottom of the board - lots of 3/4'' wood bars cut to varying lengths and zip-tied super tight to the bottom. I've spent a ton of time getting placement and length just perfect, and now the top is rock solid. Turns out I actually quite like the zip-tie approach through the small holes all over the board. It worked really well for the support structure I built and to hold pedals down.

Work's got me travelling like crazy but eventually I'll post a pic here somewhere...

Back