Thank You Egnater Customer Service!

hbucker

:thumbsup: Thought I'd post a positive response to customer service. I sent an E-mail to Nate as per Bruce's recommendation. Within a couple of days I heard from him and 1 week later I have been sent a brand new fan replacement kit for my Renegade 212 which is installed and is quieter than the original.

I appreciate the attention I've received on this matter and has gone along way toward convincing me that I need to keep this amp and not send it back to Musicians Friend.

I still have questions about a reverb issue, but I am very happy with the rest of the amp and am appreciative of the service I've received regarding the fan. :thumbsup: :rock:

Thanks!

dieselmx":3hzf7oah said:
i have heard of fan issues on these... any issues with the 112's?

I don't know but I'm guessing it's a fan issue, not an issue related to the # of speakers... It was with mine anyway.

I had reason to speak with both John and Nate yesterday. I came away from those conversations with the feeling that they do care, want customers to be happy, want to get any and all problems/issues resolved asap. Also got an inkling that they are very very busy, (under staffed?), and that an expectation of an instantanteous or same day reply to an e-mail or phone call is expecting a bit much.

A bit of patience may be helpful.....

Duff

duffman":6z7n6mvb said:
I had reason to speak with both John and Nate yesterday. I came away from those conversations with the feeling that they do care, want customers to be happy, want to get any and all problems/issues resolved asap. Also got an inkling that they are very very busy, (under staffed?), and that an expectation of an instantanteous or same day reply to an e-mail or phone call is expecting a bit much.

A bit of patience may be helpful.....

Duff

I toally agree. .

I have Renegade 112, 212 and 410 combos. They all have fans. The 410 seems quietest, followed by the 212 and 112 in that order.

I believe the Renegade 112 combo has the loudest fan of all the Renegades because the fan is mounted at a 45 degree angle to vertical. These "computer fans" were designed to be mounted vertically or horizontally but seem to make more noise when mounted at an angle. The bearing surfaces seem to howl a bit more when mounted in this fashion. This is a known situation in the computer world where fans dominate, check out an excerpt from a computer fan review:

"Unfortunately for the Marathon, it happened to be loudest at the angle that we typically measure from — 45° off the exhaust side — so our noise measurements and recordings are worst case, not typical. At this angle, the noise was a constant droning hum. Instead of becoming louder when the fan speed increased, the noise became rougher and more intrusive. In addition to the drone, a pure tone — most likely the sound of the blade assembly resonating — could be heard. At full speed, this resonance dominated the noise signature, but turning the fan down by even one volt dropped the tone drastically."

Steve

duffman":12bvkzr9 said:
they do care, want customers to be happy, want to get any and all problems/issues resolved asap. Also got an inkling that they are very very busy, (under staffed?),

This is the problem exactly. It's systemic, not personal. The few times I spoke with them I had the impression they were doing 17 things at once, and not concentrating on me.

They need to hire and train some people. In the middle of a recession I have to believe that they can find some good people reasanably priced.

My 2 cents.

:rock:

Had sent in my Rebel 30 combo for repair of a rattle. Gone about 2 1/2 weeks, 5 days of that was shipping, from Bum-F-Illinois to Cali and back.

NO RATTLES!! The whole amp seems tighter, punchier, more focused. Channel 2 with buckers really roars where it didn't before. Yet when using single coils that complex sound of the single coil chime is still on top of the of some heavy driven gain. Dont know what all they did but I can look through the grills on the back and see that there are now covers over all the preamp tubes and base spring clips have been added to the power tubes.

Thank you Mr. Egnater, Mr. Brown, Mr. Ewing and Mr Williams!!

Duff

Back