This year's MusicMan JP...

M3-standard.jpg

The JP was/is an amazingly playable guitar. If I hadn't spent a small fortune on a Suhr custom, I probably would've looked at either a JP or a Vigier Excalibur/Lane.

Fuck knows who is designing EBMM guitars aesthetically though. Their entire product line is horrific. Even the JP is questionable in appearance.

The Albert Lee model is just goofy. Even the guys at Guitar Center laugh at the mystic pink and purple Steve Morse metro femme burst. Add this to it.

For the great build quality and playability, why do they have to look ridiculous to fugly?

Valtyr- I actually thought it reminded me of a Parker when I saw the pic last night. It will be interesting to play and hear how it sounds. Petrucci has so many signature guitars but always sounds the same. I guess to his ears and fingers, the sound or playability of each variation must become more refined...or he does it because he can...the old Simon LeBon why do lead singers date super models, because they can...

I used to be a total EBMM player, still have a JP6. But this one is a total epic fail.
According to EBMM, it's the lightest guitar they ever built, super thin neck :thumbsdown:
JP guitars are like Iphones, same marketing strategy. Every year put out a new one, get some huge promotional hype and get some huge cash flow.

When I first saw it:

After the shock went away:

I have always liked EBMM and their style. I played the original JP6 for almost 10 years and love that model. The new JP13 looks great too. I am surprised Petrucci likes this guitar. It is seriously ugly! I am confused. When I first saw it I thought of Uli John Roth's guitar. For the most part I really enjoy EBMM guitars but this one has me more than puzzled.

Back