Tom Morello fans (if any?) in here!

He does some nifty little stuff. I can dig it. I don't consider him really a guitar god but he's got his thing goin. Why is he jammin with the boss? It seems a wierd fit.

Loudness250":fwusn5eq said:
He does some nifty little stuff. I can dig it. I don't consider him really a guitar god but he's got his thing goin. Why is he jammin with the boss? It seems a wierd fit.
Rage "covered" that particular tune way back when...

He gets bagged on a lot for his unorthodox approach to playing by those who don't like to stray to far from the norm. I dig him though because he has carved out his own style and you know it's him when you hear their music. That's pretty cool in my book.

Tom Morello is more of a guitar god than 90% of the 80s dudes beloved around here. Real talk!

Excuse me while I put my riot gear on.

cloudnine":3mctgqwm said:
Tom Morello is more of a guitar god than 90% of the 80s dudes beloved around here. Real talk!

Excuse me while I put my riot gear on.

You mean put your tampon in? \:D/

cloudnine":2xof0zem said:
fuzzhead":2xof0zem said:
You mean put your tampon in? \:D/

I, too, believe women are stupid, and should be used as some kind of cheap insult.

It was pretty clear that he was referring to your incessant bitching and not calling you a girl. :aww:

I liked him in Audioslave.
Great rock tunes there....
Rage was ok to me.
Didnt really blow me away.
Had a couple of their cd's.
Preffer what he did with Audioslave better.

I get it, and everything. I understand the "carving out a space for himself" and "doing something unique," but it is only unique to guitar. DJ's were making the same sounds before him. He just put it on a more mobile platform and looked "different" because it was a guitar. He has said over and over that he specifically set out to sound like a DJ. Setting out to sound like someone is not unique.

My $0.02

Jordon":safu0urw said:
I get it, and everything. I understand the "carving out a space for himself" and "doing something unique," but it is only unique to guitar. DJ's were making the same sounds before him. He just put it on a more mobile platform and looked "different" because it was a guitar. He has said over and over that he specifically set out to sound like a DJ. Setting out to sound like someone is not unique.

My $0.02

He developed an approach that was inspired by scratching and other stuff but transferring it to another instrument and then upping the ante is, in fact, unique. His riffs are instantly recognizable, not only by the actual melody but by the sound, and his approach is unique to rock music, not just the guitar.

ejecta":safu0urw said:
It was pretty clear that he was referring to your incessant bitching and not calling you a girl. :aww:

You are lame. :thumbsup:

OldSkoolNJ":bdun0lre said:
I consider Tom Morello the Eddie Van Halen of the 90's :thumbsup:
Dime was the VH of the 90's, but Morello is an excellent player and actually started with 80's shred like all the other guys from that era. The cool thing is that he took it in a new direction and wrote some of the coolest rock riffs ever (IMO) in the process.
His "guitar hero" status shouldn't be measured by technicality, but by originality!

Interesting fact: Tom and Adam Jones(Tool) were in a band together once.

I saw that when it aired! Very cool, and I'm not the biggest Boss fan either. But I definitely respect him.

Morello kicks ass though. RATM is one of my all time favorite bands. Technically, he can rip it up when wants to, though he doesn't have the most pleasant vibrato. But he's definitely original, and an effects master.

The guys who hate Morello are the one's who haven't bought a new CD since the last time Ratt or Firehouse were important.

glassjaw7":2ou8tqqp said:
OldSkoolNJ":2ou8tqqp said:
I consider Tom Morello the Eddie Van Halen of the 90's :thumbsup:
Dime was the VH of the 90's, but Morello is an excellent player and actually started with 80's shred like all the other guys from that era. The cool thing is that he took it in a new direction and wrote some of the coolest rock riffs ever (IMO) in the process.
His "guitar hero" status shouldn't be measured by technicality, but by originality!

Interesting fact: Tom and Adam Jones(Tool) were in a band together once.

If you go by inspiring others to play, albums sales, huge band, etc, then the VH of the 90's was probably either Slash or Zakk, or sad to say, even Kirk Hamster. :no:

danyeo":2ijboq69 said:
The guys who hate Morello are the one's who haven't bought a new CD since the last time Ratt or Firehouse were important.

:LOL: :LOL: tue dat!

Morello's very creative and clever with the guitar and effects. Love his early rage stuff
some cool ass riffs. Simple, cleverly with alot of groove.

Back