Tones that make you go "Whoa!"

Jeff Beck did all the guitars on this tune with a Rockman and a neck through body Jackson with a Kahler! Yep, really.

Reactions: Geo
King's X guitarist Ty Tabor wrote this song about putting his life back together after his wife died of cancer. It's a tear jerker. Get out the Kleenex.

God this tune is beautiful.

The title fits the song.

Was it this one. Or was it a pink guitar?

Wow, I don't remember seeing Jeff with that guitar before! I don't know if is that was one or the pink Jackson that Tina Turner carved her name into.

jeff beck tina turner carved name into pink jackson.jpg

Reactions: Geo
@Geo are you familiar with the Scorps live album with Uli Roth on lead guitar? It's called Toyko Tapes. The whole album is fucking incredible. I think it was recorded in 1977 or 1978. Here's the link to the entire album, 50th Anniversary version remastered. The extra tracks that weren't on the album originally start with Hell Cat. Uli's vocals on Polar Nights, well... not so good, but like the rest of the album, his guitar playing and tones are jaw dropping. Speedy's Coming is a brain melter.

Note: Click the link that says "YouTube" in white letters in the lower right hand corner and it will take you to the playlist of the entire album.

@Geo are you familiar with the Scorps live album with Uli Roth on lead guitar? It's called Toyko Tapes. The whole album is fucking incredible. I think it was recorded in 1977 or 1978. Here's the link to the entire album, 50th Anniversary version remastered. The extra tracks that weren't on the album originally start with Hell Cat. Uli's vocals on Polar Nights, well... not so good, but like the rest of the album, his guitar playing and tones are jaw dropping. Speedy's Coming is a brain melter.

Absolutely, thanks. Started listening to the Scorpions when In Trance came out.

John Norum rules. I prefer his solo stuff to his work with the band Europe. His playing and tones on his live album (Face it Live '97) album are fuckin' killer. I think he used a DiMarzio FS-1 in the bridge position with a Marshall 2205 head with 2x12 and 4x12 cabinets. This album is a MASTERCLASS.

Last edited:
If you haven't heard the Dokken album with Reb Beach on guitar you are missing out. It's called Erase the Slate, and if it had been released in the 80's it would have sold like hotcakes. He plays his ass off and conjures up some amazing tones. This link will activate the entire playlist of that album. Enjoy!

Back