Torpedo Live & cab thru question

Migel

Hello!

I placed my order for Torpedo Live unit and I' really anxious to get it finally ^^

I've been planning to use Torpedo's two outputs: line out --> interface and thru --> my 8ohm cabinet. And I understand it's possible to use these outputs simultaneously.

But when I need to record, I need to unplug this thru connection so it would be possible to open up my amp. This is where I'm confused, which end of the cab cord can I unplug? I would like to unplug it from my cabinet's end, because Torpedo's jack will be more difficult to access because of the units position in its mount. So if I take the cord off my cab and leave the other end connected to Torpedos thru jack, is it ok? Torpedo uses it's internal load?

This may be a bit silly question but I just want to make sure and avoid any risk of damage.

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Hi Migel, you must unplug your cabinet at the thru connection on the Torpedo. Here's the reason: The thru jack has internal switching whereby the insertion of the plug into the thru jack switches the internal loadbox off and instead passes the signal to the connected cabinet.

If you leave it plugged into the Torpedo and disconnect at the cabinet end, your amp will "see" an open cable and likely get damaged.

What amp do you use?, there may be some easy alternatives.

Happy New Year to you as well!

Hi,

Thanks for help, good to know that! And yes there actually is even more simple alternative: I'm just gonna use two separate cords and only one load at the time, without thru connection. I think thru --> cab comes more handy feature when gigging.. So everything's good, thx :)

Back