Torpedo Live Power Amp Help!

AdamKL

Hi All!

I've been using my Torpedo Live for months now in my rig with a Laney IRT Studio, and I've decided I'd like to downsize my rig and get some of the ENGL pre-amp gear.

I know the Torpedo Live has a Power Amp emulation, but I was wondering how would this then work in a rig?

I'm planning on running my signal chain as beneath.

Guitar - Line 6 G55 - Korg Blackout Rack Tuner - Engl E530 preamp - Torpedo live (with power amp emulation).

As I am a touring and gigging musician the smaller my setup is the better but I've played, and will probably keep playing, gigs where I would not be able to plug my amp rig into the PA.

Can I then use the Torpedo Live as I would a standard power amp and directly plug into the Cab (and if so, how)? Or would I need to invest in a power amp to add to my rig.

Cheers!

Yes, you'd need a small lightweight solid state amp/cab or powered speaker etc (post the LIVE, feeding the LIVE's Line Input from the ngle or your FX).

I do this with a CAB, works great.

AdamKL":3n4sgvo8 said:
Hi All!

I've been using my Torpedo Live for months now in my rig with a Laney IRT Studio, and I've decided I'd like to downsize my rig and get some of the ENGL pre-amp gear.

I know the Torpedo Live has a Power Amp emulation, but I was wondering how would this then work in a rig?

I'm planning on running my signal chain as beneath.

Guitar - Line 6 G55 - Korg Blackout Rack Tuner - Engl E530 preamp - Torpedo live (with power amp emulation).

As I am a touring and gigging musician the smaller my setup is the better but I've played, and will probably keep playing, gigs where I would not be able to plug my amp rig into the PA.

Can I then use the Torpedo Live as I would a standard power amp and directly plug into the Cab (and if so, how)? Or would I need to invest in a power amp to add to my rig.

Cheers!

Back