TRADE - VHT 50CL

Bro while I was trying out guitars the other week, when I bought my Ibanez, the Marshall TSL there was great!!!! It killed the Dual Recto in every way.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":014c8 said:
>|<>QBB<

Marshalls are definitely great! I have yet to own or even hear a bad sounding one in person.

I owned 2 JCM800 2203X's. I simply don't have the space to play one cranked to get the most from them. I'm better off with a JCM2000 series. They're much more manageable at sane volumes. The TSL just smoked. I Wish they would have still had their Mk IV for comparison. I'm thinking the Mk IV would have outshined it but maybe not.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":ec890 said:
>|<>QBB<

Is the Mark IV your only amp right now or do you have others?

That's it bro. I love it but I can sense "it" creeping in. I just got a few more fresh tubes from Doug and it's a killer amp in pretty much everyway, but "it" keeps me wondering about things like your amps, the Rivera K-Tre, the Randall Lynch Box, a JCMDSL/TSL. "It" is evil! lol

I tried a VHT CL 100 w/eq today at GC. I liked it boosted on the Green Channel. A tiny bit twangy and thin.......but still very aggressive, tight and clear. A good amp.....I wish I had something to trade.....all I have is this little Orange Tiny Terror amp (that I actually really dig) and some cashola......but anyway I guess I was just butting in to say cool amp there! 8)

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":4d3eb said:
>|<>QBB<

Rayneman's Mesa TriAxis/2:50 rig. Never had one, but am excited about trying it out.

I've never had one either. I have a 2:50 power amp and it's a great power amp IMHO but I've never tried a Triaxis. Give us a review if you don't mind. :mrgreen:

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":86366 said:
The only "dilemma" I'll face is that my Bogner 4x12" is mono and you can't bridge the power amp to run at full power in mono.

I could try to find a mono/stereo jackplate thingy and modify my Bogner cab to run in either mono or stereo OR just run one side of the power amp.

OR get another bogner cab and run them in stereo wet/dry.... :wink:

Thump,

Have you ever tried the Egnater MOD series. either the M4 pre or the 50 100 WATT heads.I think they would be very cool for changing tones easily .Ive heard nothing but good things. Plus Bruce will do further tweaking to the modules.I also know your a lynch fan hes got like 4 modules with Randall .both randall and eg mods can be used in either chassis .Although ive heard the EG sounds much better .Heybor transformers /plus it is a midi head you can change power tubes in 5 mins .

TriAxis >>>>>>>>>>>>>Randall. I've had both, and the TriAxis is near the top of the heap as far as tones that I've ever heard.

>|<>QBB<
SgtThump":34d1c said:
>|<>QBB<

Will do! I'm curious about it. Some people LOVE it, but some say it doesn't sound as good as a "real" amp (i.e. amp head.) I've never been into rack stuff much at all, so we'll see how this works out.

I have a Furman power strip, a Furman PQ3 and a Rocktron Intellifex that I'd rack with it. The idea of using midi to change amp channels AND effects is pretty cool. Yeah, I know that's been around for 25 years, but I haven't messed with it much. :)

Chris

I'm really interested to hear how the TriAxis goes with your parametric EQ. When I was doing research on the TriAxis, some of the reviews mentioned having a lot of success using additional EQ with the preamp.

Also, check this page...a bunch of clips of the triaxis and settings.

http://www.xabiche.com/triaxis/triaxis.htm

In fact, the clips by "Guitarslinger" were done with this exact TriAxis that I'm sending. He's very much into 80's type tones which clearly the preamps can do. Here's a pretty cool clip he did with this preamp:

http://www.xabiche.com/triaxis/guitarslinger_triaxis.mp3

Of course as you will hear from some of the rest of the clips, it can get really heavy and mean.

Back