Tremol-No = the real deal

Ben

Even though I'm a Floyd Rose kinda guy, I occasionally like the the stability of a hardtail. So I decided to plunk down the $65 after hearing some good things. Well, believe what you hear because this thing is GREAT. It works exactly like it's supposed to, and when it's disabled (in free floating mode), I can't even tell it's there. It's really as awesome as everyone says it is.

How quickly can you change from float, to down-only?

The only reason I'd get this, is because I really prefer a floating Floyd... but I need my D-tuna live...

If I have my Caparison setup in C tuning, how high would I be able to tune it with the Tremol-no acting as a fixed bridge? Would I be able to go up to E or Eb?

Megadeth7684":849be said:
If I have my Caparison setup in C tuning, how high would I be able to tune it with the Tremol-no acting as a fixed bridge? Would I be able to go up to E or Eb?

Do you mean using the fine tuners on the floyd to tune it up?

squealie":a1567 said:
How quickly can you change from float, to down-only?

The only reason I'd get this, is because I really prefer a floating Floyd... but I need my D-tuna live...

2 seconds :\m/:

Megadeth7684":11dc4 said:

I'm not sure about changing tuning with the tuning heads, but you can change the tuning up to about a step and a half if you have the fine tuners all the way in or out, depending if you want to tune up or down.

This is when it's set to dive only mode. I think if you were to change the tuning on the heads, and you went back into free floating mode, it would be horribly out of tune.

Ben":2963b said:
I'm not sure about changing tuning with the tuning heads, but you can change the tuning up to about a step and a half if you have the fine tuners all the way in or out, depending if you want to tune up or down.

This is when it's set to dive only mode. I think if you were to change the tuning on the heads, and you went back into free floating mode, it would be horribly out of tune.

I just meant if I had it in fixed bridge mode, and tuned up with the headstock tuners. I would never switch it to floating mode, I would just keep it in fixed bridge mode. Would that work?

Megadeth7684":be38b said:
I just meant if I had it in fixed bridge mode, and tuned up with the headstock tuners. I would never switch it to floating mode, I would just keep it in fixed bridge mode. Would that work?

Well, as long as you're not constantly jumping back and forth between the two, it'd probably work just fine, or at least the best you can do when trying to change a tuning quickly on a FR.

The string tension would be crazy, but in theory it should work. I've tuned my guitar that was in B up to D with no issues, but never went higher. Keep in mind your intonation would be off, and the extra tension on the neck will cause a bigger bow in it.

Back