USB Cable For Torpedo Studio?

se7en

How come the USB cable that is supplied with the Studio is so short? The one that came with my Live was much longer.

Hello se7en,

the standard USB cable we supply is a grey cable, 1.8m, which I wouldn't call short.

Over the years, we changed several times the supplier, but we always try to stay around 1.8 / 2m.

May I ask you what you have?

It says 1.8 m on the packaging. Much shorter than the Torpedo Live USB cable, which I was used to using. I'm going to have to move my computer within a few feet of my amps to make it work.

se7en as far as I remember, the cable we supply with the Torpedo Live is exactly the same, 1.8m. Maybe you had a different one for some reason... 1.8m is 6 ft, I wouldn't recommend using more than 10ft cables.

thanks for the reply, Guillaume. i love the Studio and will just have to buy a longer cord. 6 feet doesn't go far enough in my home studio. the cable i had for the Live was definitely longer (I had one of the first ones I believe). when you say you don't recommend longer than 10 ft. cables, is that due to the latency it would add?

I don't fear latency, rather some disconnections due to too much errors in the transmission. The USB protocole is solid, but we saw some strange behaviors when the cable is too long.

I would recommend using an active extension repeater cable, just in case you need say 5m or 20ft for example.

Back