Using the VH4 thru jack in a dual amp set up...

jake5150

Hi,

Does anyone here have any experience using the thru out jack on the VH4?

I'm thinking of running a dual amp rig with my 900 SLX. Is there tone loss due to using the output? Done quite a bit of searching but can't find much info on it. I even think the manual is pretty vague.

Thanks

Jake

I've done it for about 5 minutes, so I'm not much help. It sounded pretty cool. When I put the other amp on standby, I noticed that the signal to the VH4 sounded pretty weak. But for whatever reason, with both amps blaring I thought it sounded pretty good and didn't notice that either amp sounded weak. I just sold my other amp though (VH4 is all I need or want), so I can't run any more tests for you. Sorry I'm not any more help.

I have tried and it worked fine. However I did not do any "science proof" A/B -tests so cannot say for fact that there was no signal lost. I did not use anything else between the the second amp.

I have a dual amp setup, but currently I split my signal elsewhere. If you want, I can try splitting my signal with the VH4 "Through" next time I visit our rehearsal room (or whatever it is called in English) to see wether there is any difference.

as long as the input is not buffered, there should be a little loss, since the guitar signal is splitted (parallel wiring: same voltage but half current (if both amps have the same impedance and the same loss through additional cables)). But since the vh4 has enough ressources there shouldn't be any problems

i did it w my VH4/Herbert setup. Didnt work out so good. Something funky was going on. So i got mysyelf a Lehle Little Dual and it worked perfectly!!! Thats the route i would go. :thumbsup:

Back