Using Two Notes IRs in Logic

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

Some questions for the two notes crew:

1. If I use a non Two Notes attenuator to send my guitar signal into Logic, is wall of Sound my only option to utilize purchased Two Notes IRs?

2. Can Wall of Sound provide sound in real time or is my only option to listen to the IR generated sound on playback if not using a Captor X?

3. If I’m using a different attenuator, like a Fryette Power station, can I send that signal into a Captor X and then into my DAW? Can I daisy chain the Captor X after a Fryette Power Station Attenuator and before my DAW (Apollo Twin)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello @Leveraged Sellout

Here are the answers to your questions:
1. Yes, only Wall of Sound can load Two notes DynIRs in Logic.
2. Yes, you can use Wall of Sound in real time - this is done by setting the direct monitoring function on the recording track in Logic. This is an independent feature from Wall of Sound, linked to any DAW.
3. You can daisy chain the Fryette with the Captor X Connect the SPEAKER OUT of the Captor X to the Fryette's amp/speaker input. Put the VOLUME LEVEL switch of the Captor X on FULL so as to deactivate the load box and the attenuator of the Captor X. The amp will only see the load of the Fryette in that setup. use the XLR output of the Captor X to go into your Apollo Twin.

Hello @Leveraged Sellout

Here are the answers to your questions:
1. Yes, only Wall of Sound can load Two notes DynIRs in Logic.
2. Yes, you can use Wall of Sound in real time - this is done by setting the direct monitoring function on the recording track in Logic. This is an independent feature from Wall of Sound, linked to any DAW.
3. You can daisy chain the Fryette with the Captor X Connect the SPEAKER OUT of the Captor X to the Fryette's amp/speaker input. Put the VOLUME LEVEL switch of the Captor X on FULL so as to deactivate the load box and the attenuator of the Captor X. The amp will only see the load of the Fryette in that setup. use the XLR output of the Captor X to go into your Apollo Twin.
Dilan, again, massively helpful…a couple of quick follow ups:

Where in logic might I find the switch for turning direct monitoring? Would appreciate any help you might be able to provide

Any benefit to putting the Fryette first as it is a tube power amp. Essentially let the amp hit the Fryette for attenuation and then send the signal to the Captor X so I can use my DynIRs?

Thank you again!

Hello @Leveraged Sellout - this article from Apple will give you all the information you need regarding Logic and the direct monitoring https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/logicpro/lgcpbfbefa96/mac

There is no benefit or loss in having the Fryette before or after the Captor X - as you will be going from speaker out (of amp) to speaker in (of Fryette) to Speaker in (of Captor X), the signal is all analog, and it is all speaker level (if you put it after, you will go speaker out (of amp) to speaker in (of Captor X) to Speaker in (of Fryette).
Before or after, you will be able to use the DynIRs in both case.

Back