V30's vs K100's

hopkinWFG":1008rqqo said:
So much about Celestion... any Eminence camp here? Governors? CV-12?
Swapped Eminence Governor in 3 diezel cabs, GOV kills Celestion V30 and K100.

Basically Governor is similar to V30 but better in every aspect

Governor has more bass and it's more defined, V30 bass is a bit blurry
More RAW mids and sort of more grainy rich sound with governors, V30 is more scooped and squishy(although some players might want that squish for a slightly vintagey tone fucked up tone)
More open highs on governor, meaning that you can dial more treble on amp without ear bleeding. V30 is more harsh and spiky.
Governors can handle a bit more wattage if that's matters.

With Governors amp is more sensitive to knobs so you get more tone variations. governors gave me better cut with band. they a bit more aggressive sounding, which might or might not work with certain situations.

There are some good V30 speakers – early 70w versions, but current Chinese not really, it's just normal speaker, and kind of boring

Had one cab with K100, didn't care for it. I felt that speakers bit hollow sounding, fast tight but dead. I much prefer T75 over K100. although T75 might flub if played anywhere below D tuning.

MetalHeadMike":1dqm9qbk said:
I've been rockin G12-K100s for about 6-7 years in a closed back 2x12 and absolutely love em. As stated already they have a more even frequency response. They handle low end like a fuckin champ!

I had an pair of V30s in another cab and they were the made in England V30s before production went to China, not saying the Chinese made V30s are bad, and they were awesome as well.

Compared to the G12K-100s the V30s of course had a mid peak that was pretty sweet if you like mids, I do :D , but they couldn't handle low end chugin and palm mutes anywhere near as well as the G12K-100s do.

I want to get another V30 and run it paired with the G12K-100 :thumbsup:

I guess my point is both rock, but G12K-100s can handle all the bass and chug you care to throw at them and still remain TIGHT!
This.

And they're not scooped like the G12T75 - they're very very flat in their feel and response sonically speaking.

But power?? :confused:

THEY FKN SLAY!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Throw anything at 'em, any volume, any bass, any whatever - and they are INCREDIBLY adept at keeping their shiznit together. Awesome speakers that let the amp do the talking without as much coloration as the V30s (which I too am a fan of).

Peace
Mo

Back