Valve Art Tubes

sixstrings

Just ordered a new matched quad of Valve Art EL34's and duo of KT88's for $90. I've heard good things about these tubes. Considering the price, I think I just scored a pretty good deal. Anyone use Valve Arts before?

I have Valve Art KT88s in my 2204. Had to replace the first duo as one went belly up after a short period of time and had to put tube rings on the new set as they are microphonic. I believe Valve Art re-labels Shuguangs. Nothing against Shuguang. I had some of their EL34Bs and they were great new production tubes.

I think Valve Art and Shuguang are totally seperate. The valve art kt66 comes stock in some of the HW Marshalls. they aren't bad.

mmorse":2fc75zbw said:
Loudness250":2fc75zbw said:
I think Valve Art and Shuguang are totally seperate. The valve art kt66 comes stock in some of the HW Marshalls. they aren't bad.

According to Doug's Tubes. Shuguang makes the Valve Art KT88.
http://www.dougstubes.com/6550kt88.htm

Oh, ok, my bad. But is it the same tube as the shuguang, or just shuguang builds it for valve art? I know I had 2 sets of the shugs and they were all good. quads. hmm. I'll check up on it.

As far as I know, Valve Art is basically Shuguangs "premium" tubes. Apparently, the best of the Chinese made tubes. I don't know how good they are, but if they can basically match JJ's in tone, then they're an awesome deal for the price. Last I read, Valve Arts aren't being made any more. I asked my dealer though and they said that Valve Arts are still being made. Who knows? All I know is they're available in abundance and cheap!

Back