VHT / Fryette ?

slate

i'm considering adding a VHT Deliverance or Pitbull Hundred CL ( with EQ ) to my rig to run with the VH4 .

does anybody here own one of these specific models and -using the VH4 as a reference tone - how do they sound and react ?
tight / loose / dry / fast / slow / modern / vintage etc ?

:thumbsup:

Tight dry unforgiving & awseome. I ended up with a Pittbull UL loaded with kt88's. That & the Herbert in our band together sound great.

I think any of the pittbull series will keep you happy. The cl & clx are an el34 sounding amp. The UL on the other hand with kt88's is worth every hard earned cent. If the clx or UL are out of your price range then I would suggest the CL over the deliverence. Although the Deliverence & the Sig are also great amps.
What are you chasing tone wise?

Also try vhtusers.com it will take you to the new Fryette users forum. I am a member there "cdtbeast". ;)

I can only compare it to a Herbert. Tightness wise they are close, my UL is slightly tighter atm but it comes down to tube choice.

The UL is slightly more aggressive & percussive than the Herbert. It reacts to playing style more. This can be better & worse. It has a slight bite & edge to it. The Herbert has a mid range that cuts through the mix more but the UL has more high end edge & clarity. Both have more bottom end than you will ever need. Both are tube efficient & reliable. Both have a ton of power section headroom. The Herbert as it has 6 tubes & the UL as it has kt88's.

thanks guys - its only the DL and the hundred CL that i'm interested in though .
played an UL and didnt like it at all...

i'm looking for something to compliment my VH4 , maybe something a little looser and more vintage voicing .

saw some clips of the DL on youtube and was surprised at how good it sounded (and i know where theres a really cheap DL120 for sale .)

:rock:

I'm currently running a VH-4S and an UltraLead in stereo, and the combination is KILLER.
If you're looking for something looser than the VH-4, the UL is definitely the wrong amp - it's THE tightest and dryest amp I've ever used, but the two voicings are a match made in heaven.

The VH-4 tends to be a bit over-compressed, while the UL is totally uncompressed and extremely dry. The UL is also VERY unforgiving.
Together, you get a tone that's got a ton of clarity and tightness while still being more "open" than the regular VH-4 tone.
Adding the VH-4 to the UL really helps to "smooth over" the unforgiving nature and thicken up the dryness.

I've honestly never been happier with my tone. I tried the VH4/UL combination out hoping that it wouldn't work that well (mostly so I don't have to carry two full 1/2 stacks to gigs), but the tone of the two amps together is so perfect that I'm now a guy who has to bring two 1/2 stacks to shows.

I can't really vouch for the CL or CLX, but I'd imagine that they'd be very similar to the UL...all 3 amps share the same preamp (but the CL doesn't have a clean channel). From what I've heard, the Deliverance series is more vintage-voiced than the Pittbull series. You might also want to check out the Sig X if possible, I've heard that there are a LOT of tones available in that one.

I have a cl100 w/eq Sounds heavy and brutal (I run it on the green channel in hi gain mode with the master cranked 3/4 up.). I run it with an oversized recto with a x pattern 30s/75s I run it in conjunction with a vh4 with a fl4x12 the sound is killer. The vh4 wraps itself around the vht is massive and insane.. I tune to drop b And it holds up. Like everyone said its very unforgiving amp, If your sloppy you will sound sloppy if your tight, Its mint! Youll soound like satan taking a Sh*T! MassivE! It also has a great rock type tone if you back off the gain and work the eq the right way..

Back