VHX Bluetooth pairing

I got it to work using the steps below but I have to have my laptop to make it work is there a way to pair vhx and airstep via bluetooth without a laptop?

Bluetooth pair AIRSTEP and VHX with your device.

Go to the Microsoft App Store and search “ MIDIberry” and download it. After installation, enter the MIDIberry application, Select AIRSTEP as INPUT (Bluetooth MIDI IN), select VHX PORT as OUTPUT. Keep MIDIberry on during use.​

Last edited:
Is there any chance of a software editor app in the future for the VHX? This may have been requested already but I hope there is.

I got it to work using the steps below but I have to have my laptop to make it work is there a way to pair vhx and airstep via bluetooth without a laptop?​

The use of AIRSTEP’s Bluetooth function on the Windows :​

1. Bluetooth pair AIRSTEP with your device (if your PC does not have a Bluetooth module, please purchase a USB Bluetooth adapter that supports Bluetooth 4.0 or above). after successful pairing, if there is a “Swift Pair” option, please enable.
  2. Bluetooth MIDI function (Bluetooth MIDI function only supports WIN10)
    A. Google LoopMIDI or enter the link: http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html to download.
    B. After installation, enter the LoopMIDI app and click the + sign to add a loopMIDI Port
    C. Go to the Microsoft App Store and search “ MIDIberry” and download it.D. After installation, enter the MIDIberry application, Select AIRSTEP as INPUT (Bluetooth MIDI IN), select VHX PORT as OUTPUT
    E. Select loopMIDI PORT for the MIDI input in the APP you want to control. Please keep MIDIberry on during use.
  3. Bluetooth HID function: Open the video website through the browser, you can use AIRSTEP to control the play/pause, forward, back and other parameters.
Currently not but it's in the work, it require either Airstep or VHX to act as a master as now are both devices, a new update will make it possible.

Also there will be an editor app very soon!

I recently got myself a singular sound midi maestro to act as a midicontroller. Since it can send midi ble messages and the VHX is capable of receiving them i figured it must be possible to control the VHX wireless via bluetooth. How do i make a connection between VHX and the maestro though? Thank you for any help!

Also there will be an editor app very soon!
Totally freaking out about this. SO AWESOME!!
I have to re-do our setlists, and I'm dreading having to move Presets around with the knob,
and take pictures of settings of the songs I have to move to Sets 1-3 (Bank 1), from the whole other Bank 2 that I have for Sets 4-6
Each Bank is 99 Presets. It will very easy to migrate these back and forth with the editor.
You rule, Leo!!

Totally freaking out about this. SO AWESOME!!
I have to re-do our setlists, and I'm dreading having to move Presets around with the knob,
and take pictures of settings of the songs I have to move to Sets 1-3 (Bank 1), from the whole other Bank 2 that I have for Sets 4-6
Each Bank is 99 Presets. It will very easy to migrate these back and forth with the editor.
You rule, Leo!!
Mind that Leos Post is over one year old. As far as i know we dont have a current status regarding the editor App. Maybe Leo could provide updates to that

Mind that Leos Post is over one year old. As far as i know we dont have a current status regarding the editor App. Maybe Leo could provide updates to that
yes please would like to have an update on that one, would simply help to organize easily when your on your own...

I must have posted that after long hours at the studio and missed the date.
Well, he's working on it, so that is exciting :giggle:

Back