VHX Effects Loop Question: Parallel, Series, Both?

So this is the first amp I've got with this level of control over the effects loop. All my previous amps had series loops, so it was plug and play and figure it out on the pedals. Been messing around with a looper pedal atm, and I'm trying to figure out the mix situation between them both.

So with controls on the loop: mix, send level, return level, am I right in thinking it's parallel; but if you set the mix all the way up (fully wet) it functions as a series loop? Send level would how hard you hit the loop from the preamp, and return level would be how much of the post loop signal is sent to the power amp?

I'm confused about how the send and return levels interact with the mix knob in regards to the overall volume? If I have everything at 50%, does that mean the loop is receiving 50% of the signal that is coming out of the preamp (send level), returning a signal that is 50% of what entered the loop (return level), and is then set equal to the... original signal from the preamp (mix at 50%)? If that's right, what does that do to the overall volume compared to the volume with the loop disengaged?

Is there a way somebody might be able to explain this to me that will help me accomplish what I'm trying to do? So I'm looping a delay progression, and when I play it back, the delays come out at the same volume I was hearing them while making the loop, but the first note is much quieter (which I'm assuming because I was hearing the original signal combined with the loop signal). If I wanted to mimic a series loop, with equal volume between whether the loop is engaged or not... wat do i do?

@Leo Diezel Imma just revive this thread real quick instead of making a new one.

Are the loops independent of each other or do they work in series? For example, If I were to put Loop A in the 5th FX slot, and Loop B in the 6th FX slot, would the FX I have active in Loop A then go through Loop B? Or vice versa (B first then A)? Or does the ‘return’ on each loop bypass the ‘send’ of the other loop?

Some of the pedals I keep in my loop are finicky about what they have in front of each other, so I’m curious if I can run two loops side by side, or feed some of the effects from one loop to the other.

Thanks!

@Leo Diezel Imma just revive this thread real quick instead of making a new one.

Are the loops independent of each other or do they work in series? For example, If I were to put Loop A in the 5th FX slot, and Loop B in the 6th FX slot, would the FX I have active in Loop A then go through Loop B? Or vice versa (B first then A)? Or does the ‘return’ on each loop bypass the ‘send’ of the other loop?

Some of the pedals I keep in my loop are finicky about what they have in front of each other, so I’m curious if I can run two loops side by side, or feed some of the effects from one loop to the other.

Thanks!

Yes the loop are completely independent, and works in series as a whole. So LOOP A in 5th slot will be before LOOP B in 6th slot.

Yes the loop are completely independent, and works in series as a whole. So LOOP A in 5th slot will be before LOOP B in 6th slot.
So I’m still a little confused. Let me just clarify with what I’m trying to do:

I currently only use one loop, I run delays, modulation, reverbs, and then a looper at the end to record pad tones for certain song sections. Setting the mix right for the looper is a pain sometimes.

If I were to put the looper in loop B, following loop A, and let’s say I decided to run the reverb in loop A, would the looper be able to record the reverb that’s running in loop A?

Back