Wah help, any way to switch a wah on without touching it??

Weird thread title.

Essentially I want to keep my wah cocked at a certain point, not touch it, but still want to engage and disengage it.

Is this possible? Aside from whacking it in a switchable Fx loop or switching system (GCX for example).

Cheers.

I imagine the smallest loop you can put it in is something like the Keeley Looper pedal - that way you could keep it next to the wah, and leave the wah on in your set position. Just use the looper pedal to bring it in and out.

This seems a lot easier than removing the switch from under the toe and mounting it somewhere you can activate it without rocking the treadle. That isn't practical.

You could also just get a dedicated cocked wah pedal like the MXR Q Zone or the Keeley Nova Wah.

That or the Morley George Lynch wah - it has a separate cocked wah switch with a knob to allow you to set the frequency of this static wah mode.

That's all I can think of.

Use one of these:

DUNLOP+CRYBABY+Q+ZONE.JPG

You can dial in the exact point of that cocked wah tone and then just kick it in and out when needed :thumbsup:

Just do what Schenker used to do - remove the rack from your wah. Adjust the pot with your finger until you find the sweet spot and voila! Every time you step on it, it's on in the sweet spot with no sweep.

Rufus Leaking":225qvbr0 said:
Just do what Schenker used to do - remove the rack from your wah. Adjust the pot with your finger until you find the sweet spot and voila! Every time you step on it, it's on in the sweet spot with no sweep.

Sweet!

I actually told a lie for ease of a question. It's my friend who wants to do this. He's Schenker's biggest fan and wants to emulate his lead tone. He even got his Tokai Schenker V signed on Sunday :thumbsup:

HerbieTheRadDorklift":qpxqu7ze said:
Rufus Leaking":qpxqu7ze said:

Sweet!

I actually told a lie for ease of a question. It's my friend who wants to do this. He's Schenker's biggest fan and wants to emulate his lead tone. He even got his Tokai Schenker V signed on Sunday :thumbsup:

I understand Schenker used to use two wahs - one normal for sweeping and one with the rack removed for instant sweet spot. Makes sense when you listen to his live clips - some of his solos there's no sweeping at all.

Rufus Leaking":1fbd7ktb said:

This

But, do find a reversible way to lock the wheel in place once you find the "sweet spot".

I once wired up a cheap single footswitch to my Dunlop Rotovibe so I could engage it without stepping on it. You just undo the wires to the internal switch and splice them to the ones from the outside footswitch. I did work great to, and a single plain footswitch is dirt cheap.

Or get the Keeley Nova Wah and have two different foot switchable wah tones.

I have one on my board, very nice unit. But I got a custom blue & white enclosure. :thumbsup:

NovaWahBlackViolet.jpg

Back