Warning: There is a scammer working this forum

rlord1974

I recently posted a WTB ad here in the Classifieds.

Last night, I received an email (not a PM) from a user account here on Rig-Talk. The user is "Reece453". Here is a link to the member profile:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27692

Note that the user just opened their Rig-Talk account last night and has never made a single post on the forum.

Reece453 claimed to know someone selling the item I am looking for in my WTB ad and provided an email address for the seller.

I reached out this morning and the seller said they were in fact selling the item I am looking for and provided some photos. The seller indicated the photos were taken this morning. A quick Google search determined the photos provided were from a Reverb ad from 4 years ago. I pointed this out to the seller in another email response and asked the seller for a current photo with today's newspaper in it, showing the date. The seller emailed me back with no response, just another (but different) photo. A quick look at the photo and I realized it was not the same item as the one in the original photos provided. So back to Google. Lo and behold, the new photo was also taken from a different Reverb ad from 4 years ago. I also did some digging on the address the seller had provided and determined the address does not exist. So, I emailed the seller back and explained all of this and said if they could send me a photo of them clearly holding the item up but also holding up two fingers on their spare hand, I would proceed with the purchase. Crickets.

There are two takeaways from this: (a) don't trust anyone and (b) don't deal with Rig-Talk user "Reece453".

Watch your backs out there!

I got the same email. I immediately searched RigTalk for the username of person they claimed was selling what I wanted. No matches. Then I got another email from same person telling me the same seller had another item I had listed in a wtb ad. Wow, what a coincidence.

How scammers actually succeed is beyond me.

^^^

iu

Yeah, well Reece just hooked me up with a Nigerian who just sold me a CCV for $1200 shipped! Snooze ya lose, suckers!!!! Don't hate!!!! :D

I would of gotten away with it to!! If not for that pesky dog and meddling Kids!!

Attachments

• F4A18EB1-BC6D-4BD6-B412-118478DFE8F6.gif
    F4A18EB1-BC6D-4BD6-B412-118478DFE8F6.gif
    689.6 KB · Views: 683
Thanks for catching! Just wish i would have seen this before buying his minty, low hour, purple
Soldano SLO 100R,....... $850 down the crapper! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Back