Went to SchenkerFest last night in Chicago! Great Show!

Kapo_Polenton":1i7qkhxh said:
From the clips I have seen everyone sounds pretty good except barden.. was he struggling in the shows you guys saw?

Barden did not struggle at opening night in Maryland at the Fillmore Silver Spring. Bonnet was interesting in an odd way. I saw Michael in the early 70's with UFO and beyond, advice is not to miss these shows. He has not lost anything and playing with fire. The multi-era singer thing is kind of interesting but a good change up for the show. For my show, it was bassist Chris Glen, and that drummer that played with Pat Travers for quite some time, I think. The rhythm guitar player was probably better than quite a few serious players discussed on this board.

My wife was skeptical about my comments on attending the show and walked out of the place saying, I don't think I have seen someone play a guitar like that before. Even said EVH can't touch him as a personal aside on her opinion. I tend to agree, but a fan.

mdc1mdc11":rhjew882 said:
My wife was skeptical about my comments on attending the show and walked out of the place saying, I don't think I have seen someone play a guitar like that before. Even said EVH can't touch him as a personal aside on her opinion. I tend to agree, but a fan.

I very much agree with you're wife's comments. While I enjoy many players playing and styles. there is only ONE Michael Schenker... he has the ability to phrase, modify and structure musical runs so tastefully that it is truly music composition and emotional expression in one. After all these years I can honestly say I never tire of hearing him play, including our live show.

harddriver":v2lggfxe said:
mdc1mdc11":v2lggfxe said:

I very much agree with you're wife's comments. While I enjoy many players playing and styles. there is only ONE Michael Schenker... he has the ability to phrase, modify and structure musical runs so tastefully that it is truly music composition and emotional expression in one. After all these years I can honestly say I never tire of hearing him play, including our live show.

Amen to all of that

Back