What are your favorite amps that compliment each other?

Soundstorm

In a two guitar band, or a left/right recording scenario? Where the amps frequency ranges compliment each other without obscuring. What have you experimented with, and what have you found to work best? Or do you prefer identical tones on both sides of a recording?

Ultralead and Herbert. Two gods bare knuckle fighting for dominance.
800 and Recto. Classic WWE Super Slam. Think Hogan and Randy Savage.
Larry Dino and Fortin Natas. One will cancel your order and keep your money, the other has a "fanboy" base that will cancel you online.

Larry Dino and Fortin Natas. One will cancel your order and keep your money, the other has a "fanboy" base that will cancel you online.
Cool well I have a Recto coming in (my first recto!) to pair with my modded 800. I'm sure it's been done a bunch but I'm curious to hear how they meld.

I get so stuck on creating two unique tones to blend in a recording for that ultra wide and huge stereo image. But sometimes I think I might say fuckit and just track the same exact setup twice.

ive done it more with speakers than amps, a G12-65 one side and a T75 on the other is a good blend without being too different.

My favorite blends come from something classic marshally (mid gain) and something heavy - recto/uber/mark etc. Two gain monsters can be cool too but is harder to get right IME.
That's definitely something I can try out. I always aim for turbo brootz on both sides. I need the chonk though.

An Ultra-lead and a Herbert.....ya, that is a pretty apt description.

In the early 00's I was in a hardcore/metalcore group, where I was using an Ultra-lead and the other guitarist used a mk1 Herbert. It was ridiculously crushing. We were also a ridiculously loud band. The other guitar player liked a very gainy, bass heavy and scooped tone...so to get it to "cut" he did so by utilizing the Herbert's 180+ watts. Sound guys hated us.

Not heavy at all, more classic rock\americana.

Mesa blue angle and mesa maverick. When I get both singing it sounds like a tom Petty record to me.

An Ultra-lead and a Herbert.....ya, that is a pretty apt description.

In the early 00's I was in a hardcore/metalcore group, where I was using an Ultra-lead and the other guitarist used a mk1 Herbert. It was ridiculously crushing. We were also a ridiculously loud band. The other guitar player liked a very gainy, bass heavy and scooped tone...so to get it to "cut" he did so by utilizing the Herbert's 180+ watts. Sound guys hated us.
Your my motherfucking hero!! I have both of these amps and absolutely love them. They are both still in my top five I've ever had.

The origin and the stripped down bad copy?

I've never heard these names before and don't know who you're talking about here, but they both seem to be complete beginners?
In any case, I demand double the price in advance and also your firstborn - and then I cancel your order.

I enjoyed the JVM blended with a Mesa Recto. Also like the Herbert Mrk I mixed with the EVH 5150 III 100 6L6 Stealth. Currently running a Diezel VH4 and a Koch Supernova together...Very different amps, sound amazing blended.

Back