What cases do you guys use for your VH4 heads?

JoshXR

Hey guys,

I just got my VH4 yesterday, and the sound is fantastic. I plan to do a fair amount of gigging with it, so I need to order a case for it. What do you guys use?

Thanks!
-Josh

I have a road case that houses the head and 8 spaces of rack gear, I don't wanna jump the gun yet, but I just got an Axe FX, and after playing with it, the case may be for sale here shortly, would you interested in purchasing? Or are you just looking for something to hold the head only?

i use Affordable Cases ata cases. nver failed me. Take a beating & good for the $$. i would recommend something of that quality or better. Its well worth the $300 to protect your $4000 amp head!

Agreed, we gotta protect our investments!

The SKB case looks great, I think I will order one up from Amazon. :)

Does anyone know of a cover that fits the Diezel 2x12 readloaded? I know Aguilar makes great covers for their cabinets that just slip over the top but are very protective.

semi-related...

anyone know of a case that would fit a Diezel Einstein head+ 1x12 Diezel Cab? Gears at rehearsal space right now, so i can't measure... i notice that Affordable Cases have several options for different combos etc... anyone have any experience on which one might fit my setup?

edit: i found some dimensions via google. an einstein head atop a 1x12 diezel cab is
29.5''H x 29.5''L x 14.5''d

unless one of the peters can give me some by the books dimensions.

Rezamatix":3v1bat66 said:
a little worried about rolling the amp around, especially after being played for an hour onstage with super hot tubes just cooling down, i would feel weird taking the thing for a bumpy ride...

if you let it cool down for half an hour, it should be safe... if you have to take off immediately then i understand. wouldn't roll it on all floors either...it depends.
the v in a case is quite heavy though. also have this (https://www.thomann.de/gb/hugheskettner_ ... gigbag.htm), but the wheels suck. but it's not as heavy.

Rezamatix":221cnxdw said:
a little worried about rolling the amp around, especially after being played for an hour onstage with super hot tubes just cooling down, i would feel weird taking the thing for a bumpy ride..

I wouldn't worry so much, the amps are built like tanks. As a gigging musician I always have spare tubes and fuses handy.

Years ago I was in a band that had converted a school bus and I remember some very hard bumps my Boogie gear survived. Only problem was when a fuse blew in the Mesa 295 power amp I had at the time.

I don't abuse my gear but I believe that it should be able to handle some occassional rough handling in order to be gig worthy.

Martin

Back