What guitar are you playing today?

Trying some Elixirs 9-46 E-flat on the Charvel and the Strat just got an EMG DG20 I put in yesterday.
1712432072782.png

but it's in standard tuning and my band plays down 1/2 a step so my SL1 gets all the play time, but I was reminded to day how much I love this guitar and may drop it down 1/2 a step and raise SL-1 up to standard for a while
I like your band already. I also use Eb for everything. I suppose for metal it's maybe a heaviness thing? Def easier working with horns and keys tuned a half step down.

Right now it's either this Suhr, or my Tyler. The Tyler gets the slightest nod in the tone department, but this Suhr is so easy and fun to play, sounds amazing and rarely fights back like some of my other guitars. I went thru about 7 Suhrs over a 10 year period before landing with this one.

Attachments

• IMG_8376.jpeg
    IMG_8376.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
I have been hanging gutters and clearing out French drains at my parent's place all day. No guitfiddling today.

I like your band already. I also use Eb for everything. I suppose for metal it's maybe a heaviness thing? Def easier working with horns and keys tuned a half step down.
Totally with you. Sounds a little heavier and darker, but the cherry on top is vocals. Guys I play with highly prefer it.

A 2022 Fender Yngwie Malmsteen signature Strat which I’ve been using almost exclusively after acquiring it couple of years ago. Just such a killer sounding and playing guitar. 👍 Gibsons and Ibanezes have been without use ever since.

I've been playing this guy a lot for the past week.

LTD ec400at had been collecting dust for the past few years. I'd tried to sell it locally, but it generated very little interest & it's too nice of a guitar to let it go cheap. I bought a set of Suhr Thornbuckers fairly cheap on TGP, and decided to replace the JB/59 combo it came with. I'm really impressed with these so far, they feel substantially hotter than the output specs would imply; real fire breathers. I really dig the JB/59 combo honestly, but I have those in a couple of other guitars that suit it better. I think the change has put me off wanting to sell this.
IMG_3181.JPG

Back