What is your bug out plan?

There is something wrong with a man who doesn't take steps to protect his family if and when difficult times arise. That's a man's duty.
Mate if the US becomes a nuclear wasteland just roll over and die. That's about all you are going to be able to do realistically.

Sounds like you already have your own plan in place.
giphy.gif

Sounds like you already have your own plan in place.
If humanity gets wiped out by something like that what makes you think you can survive and would you even want to. I wouldn't. However I can see your children running around like little mutant VonBonfires with two heads and a cat's tail. That sure makes sense.

If humanity gets wiped out by something like that what makes you think you can survive and would you even want to. I wouldn't. However I can see your children running around like little mutant VonBonfires with two heads and a cat's tail. That sure makes sense.
My man, when you just bust into the thread without reading anyone's posts and assume things about them, you'll find yourself way off base. Please see post 84

My man, when you just bust into the thread without reading anyone's posts and assume things about them, you'll find yourself way off base. Please see post 84
That's your fault for living in a country where the sun comes up when I'm asleep and I have to "bust into the thread" without reading all the drivel lol

That's your fault for living in a country where the sun comes up when I'm asleep and I have to "bust into the thread" without reading all the drivel lol
Reading at least some of the posts before commenting doesn't seem to be asking too much of someone. If you aren't into preparedness and survival, why even bother to come in here?

There is something wrong with a man who doesn't take steps to protect his family if and when difficult times arise. That's a man's duty.
I know you feel otherwise, but women can be strong too and fire weapons, fish, build fires, and protect her family. Especially if she lost her man to war, for example. Or zombies.

Speaking of which, there are a lot caves where I live too :yes:

I plan to ride it out as long as I can. Drink moonshine and smoke weed.

I know you feel otherwise, but women can be strong too and fire weapons, fish, build fires, and protect her family. Especially if she lost her man to war, for example. Or zombies.
I don't disagree with you brother. My wife can be a real handful when she wants to...

Speaking of which, there are a lot caves where I live too :yes:

I plan to ride it out as long as I can. Drink moonshine and smoke weed.
Revelation 6:15-17
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

I don't disagree with you brother. My wife can be a real handful when she wants to...
OK. Sorry. Maybe I took something you said a month or so ago out of context. Something about women being worthless or the like :LOL:

Revelation 6:15-17
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
I respect your sources :yes:
Easier to just say 'go to a cave' :D

OK. Sorry. Maybe I took something you said a month or so ago out of context. Something about women being worthless or the like :LOL:

I respect your sources :yes:
Easier to just say 'go to a cave' :D
Zero worries my man, you didn't really take me out of context at all. I was just wrong.

We have a saying....."caves make graves" but believe me, I get the sentiment completely. I was thinking about a little cabin that backed up to a cave, concealing it. Use the cave to store my potatoes and maybe a couple Twin Reverbs.:LOL: <every time you use that smiley I always start laughing

Zero worries my man, you didn't really take me out of context at all. I was just wrong.

We have a saying....."caves make graves" but believe me, I get the sentiment completely. I was thinking about a little cabin that backed up to a cave, concealing it. Use the cave to store my potatoes and maybe a couple Twin Reverbs.:LOL: <every time you use that smiley I always start laughing
10-4 brother

yeah, the only thing geologically I'd love to have is a cave entrance right by my cabin

the owner of the resort that I rent my cabin from has a cave that supposedly would hold 43 school busses.

but yeah, a cave would be ideal

Last edited:
10-4 brother

yeah, the only thing geologically I'd love to have is a cave entrance right by my cabin

the owner of the resort that I rent my cabin from has a cave that supposedly would hold 43 school busses.

but yeah, a cave would ideal
If only for a cool respite from the summer heat or neat place to camp out. I looked at one place in AR that had a cave that must've had a 100 foot high entrance. Looked like they were mining something there. A couple other places looked like small opening until they showed a picture of a guy standing at the mouth and it must've been a 40 or 50 foot opening. I like that area for the greenery like back up in MN except without the Minnesotans :LOL:

If only for a cool respite from the summer heat or neat place to camp out. I looked at one place in AR that had a cave that must've had a 100 foot high entrance. Looked like they were mining something there. A couple other places looked like small opening until they showed a picture of a guy standing at the mouth and it must've been a 40 or 50 foot opening. I like that area for the greenery like back up in MN except without the Minnesotans :LOL:
Hard to hide though right?

We had a bat disease running around here for awhile called white nose syndrome, and so most public caves have been closed for awhile now to keep the spread of fungal disease to a minimum.

Hard to hide though right?

We had a bat disease running around here for awhile called white nose syndrome, and so most public caves have been closed for awhile now to keep the spread of fungal disease to a minimum.
Hard to hide in a big cave. The lush greenery makes for pretty tough to find hiding areas. Up in MN it was thickets galore. I could be ten feet away and you wouldn't see me at the height of summer save for me trying to swat mosquitoes,. The state bird.....

Oh yeah. I've fished in MN (White Iron and Farm Lake in the boundary waters) and the mosquitos were the worst I've ever experienced.

Must be all that standing water :yes:

Oh yeah. I've fished in MN (White Iron and Farm Lake in the boundary waters) and the mosquitos were the worst I've ever experienced.

Must be all that standing water :yes:
Always wanted to do the boundary waters, never got the chance. Would be a great place to bug out until winter hit then the bug out adventure is over, lol.

I have canoed the very upper reaches of the Ol' Miss though, from right outside Itasca state park. That was an adventure. Some pretty cool stops up there, three sided log shelters fully stocked with firewood and a cook pit. Free of charge and not too many dirtballs to worry about except maybe on the weekend some drunk rednecks on four wheelers. Canoed the schoolcraft river more times than I can count. The out of doors was the best part. Lots of places to get away from the pricks up there, kind of a necessity :LOL:

Back