What Model JCM800 is the platform for a Mod?

BIGKAHUNA

I have recently been plagued with GAS for Mod'd 800 style amp. I found a deal on a 2210 that I thought might be a good candidate to send to Voodoo to be Mod'd but luckily for me I noticed the statement on the Voodoo site that that says the Mods dont apply to models manufactured in 1983(the year the above mentioned 2210 was manufactured).

So this begs the question - what is it about the 83 models that make them poor candidates for modification and what models and years are the prime candidates for mods? Thanks!

I am just guessing ......That is the 2 channel amp. It seems to me that most of the mods are done on Marshall amps are done on the single channel amps.

stephen sawall":30s868n1 said:
I am just guessing ......That is the 2 channel amp. It seems to me that most of the mods are done on Marshall amps are done on the single channel amps.

It is the 2 channel variety but Mods are offered on all years except 1983. Would love to know the details.

Trace hook me up Bro...whats the deal on the 83's? Other than mod issues should they be avoided all together?

Trace hook me up Bro...whats the deal on the 83's? Other than mod issues should they be avoided all together?

The following applies to models manufactured in 1982, 1983 and should also be listed on our website.

The earlier models are not designed the same as the later models. The earlier models have little to no gain compared to the later models that followed. As such we are not able to install the same Mods that we designed for the later 2205/2210's.

Custom Mods
We can Mod the 82' / 83' models but it requires removal of the stock circuitry so that we can install a custom hand-wired circuit (1 or 2 channels). At this point the sky is the limit!

IE:
* Gain channel w/ Solo Boost option as well as Add-On controls
* Clean & Gain channel with FX-Loop

Send us your dream amp scenario and we can let you know what is able to be done as well as pricing.

Questions are always welcome
Trace

PS - Cool avatar by the way!

BIGKAHUNA":1kfj85cc said:
I have recently been plagued with GAS for Mod'd 800 style amp. I found a deal on a 2210 that I thought might be a good candidate to send to Voodoo to be Mod'd but luckily for me I noticed the statement on the Voodoo site that that says the Mods dont apply to models manufactured in 1983(the year the above mentioned 2210 was manufactured).

So this begs the question - what is it about the 83 models that make them poor candidates for modification and what models and years are the prime candidates for mods? Thanks!
Sweet!
I got me the Modded JCM 800 and its awesome!
I am happy with that and my Engl! :rock:
Hope all is cool!
Dan

Back