What size Suhr-Aldrich pickup works with Peavey Wolfgang?

renob99

I've got a Peavey wolfgang standard and there are two options for size with the Suhr-Aldrich pickups.

Option 1: "Fender Style Trem Spacing 53MM"
Option 2: "Gibson Style spacing 50mm"

Does anyone know one which works?

Thanks!! :doh:

I assume your Wolfgang has a Floyd? If so, then you would buy the 53 mm trem spacing one. If not, then the 50 mm one.

I'm almost positive that the Peavey is routed for a standard spacing (Gibson) 50mm pickup.

Check the pole spacing on the pickups to see how they line up with the strings.

The poles are usually narrower than the strings for 50 and line up perfectly for 53.

Joe-TX, I'm lost now. Are you saying to go with the 50mm Gibson style or the 53mm Fender style?

Check out this Wolf Standard.
Notice how the bridge pickup pole pcs and screws don't line up with the strings. The poles pcs are actually narrower than the strings especially the high and low E strings.
That is a 50mm standard spacing pup on a Floyd/Fender spaced bridge.

Every Peavey and even current EVH Wolfgangs that I have seen are like this.

Whether a 53mm will even fit or not I can't say for sure.

581%20Purple.jpg

I'm pretty sure the actual size of the pickup from one end of the bobbin to the other (low E to high E) is the same between the two. So like the others said, it's just the spacing between the poles. 53mm (F-spaced) will line up under the strings a little better on most Floyd-equipped guitars. I've used both sizes on 'Fender'/Floyd guitars and never noticed any appreciable tonal differences between them. You might have more of an issue with the depth of the pickup. Not sure if the Peavey and Suhr pickups are the same. Hopefully it'll be an easy swap.

I hope you dig the Aldrich too. I have them in a Suhr Standard and LP Custom and they kill!

Back