Whatever happened to the Cameron CCM-100?

Nick, you gonna unlock those private Youtube vids? Would really be appreciated by all the people eager to hear the amp:)

glip22":1m54tblf said:
I know Mark did one or maybe 2 of another CCV type amp called the Custom 75. He told me the amp has very high filtering. He said it was super punchy, more than a CCV. The guy that owned it told me it was not a very stiff feeling as I asked him that question. He sold it privately so there was never anything posted online about it. Unfortunately it was destroyed in shipping.

Gary...dude...really? The guy that owned it? :LOL: :LOL:

As you should know (given that you're throwing it out there), Mark gave me the Custom 75, because it was sitting and collecting dust in his house, and he wanted it to be wrung out.

As far as I know, the only two made, were the original (which was killed in shipping to Steve), and the one that was part of a mod (which I sold you, out of sympathy for that janky ass CCV you got from Brad), that was a redone Fortin mod. I believe Drew still owns that one.

There were videos posted here, but I killed them off; if you searched, I'm sure you could still find the thread(s).

Dude...I know it's been a while since we've talked, but you know Mark because of Jason, who knows Mark because of me; not sure where the confusion comes into play. . :D

jcj":2bdm5az4 said:
glip22":2bdm5az4 said:
I know Mark did one or maybe 2 of another CCV type amp called the Custom 75. He told me the amp has very high filtering. He said it was super punchy, more than a CCV. The guy that owned it told me it was not a very stiff feeling as I asked him that question. He sold it privately so there was never anything posted online about it. Unfortunately it was destroyed in shipping.

As you should know (given that you're throwing it out there), Mark gave me the Custom 75, because it was sitting and collecting dust in his house, and he wanted it to be wrung out.

As far as I know, the only two made, were the original (which was killed in shipping to Steve), and the one that was part of a mod (which I sold you, out of sympathy for that janky ass CCV you got from Brad), that was a redone Fortin mod. I believe Drew still owns that one.

There were videos posted here, but I killed them off; if you searched, I'm sure you could still find the thread(s).

Dude...I know it's been a while since we've talked, but you know Mark because of Jason, who knows Mark because of me; not sure where the confusion comes into play. . :D
Jeez Bro, I wouldn't have put you out there Josh. You're still a Bro even though it's been a few. :cheers: Actually I know Mark because of you. Jason came way later. For clarification, Can Mark honestly not remember the CCM. Drew almost sold it a couple times but came to his senses. I liked that amp.

glip22":2gbzl8g4 said:
jcj":2gbzl8g4 said:
glip22":2gbzl8g4 said:

Jeez Bro, I wouldn't have put you out there Josh. You're still a Bro even though it's been a few. :cheers: Actually I know Mark because of you. Jason came way later. For clarification, Can Mark honestly not remember the CCM. Drew almost sold it a couple times but came to his senses. I liked that amp.

Came off a bit harsher than I intended. Sorry, G. :thumbsup:

For the record, no matter what Mark posts, he has definitely told me he didn't remember the CCM; perhaps he's had an epiphany. :LOL: :LOL:

jcj":1bnm8l6l said:
glip22":1bnm8l6l said:
jcj":1bnm8l6l said:
glip22":1bnm8l6l said:

Came off a bit harsher than I intended. Sorry, G. :thumbsup:

For the record, no matter what Mark posts, he has definitely told me he didn't remember the CCM; perhaps he's had an epiphany. :LOL: :LOL:
No problem Josh. I was pretty positive about that. That CCM is gone. Mark has a allot of different circuits he could do and most all would be killer. So if he wanted to do another CCV variation and call it the CCM if would be great I'm sure. I just don't think it would be the same as the original but I could be wrong.I think when he built those two CCM's he was under allot of pressure with CCV orders and other things going on with Chris. The CCV he knows like the back of his hand. I think the CCM was a work in progress at the time and he did not do a layout or he lost it. He would most likely need that amp back from Chris to take a look. Chris wouldn't sell it for 50K. Wouldn't matter as Mark can probably build several CCV variations that would be great. The only problem is it takes him a long time to build one. Most don't know how far you and Mark go back. I hope Mark is hanging in there.

Anybody know anything about the guitar and pickups used in the OP's post ? I can't tell if those are EMGs or what...

paulyc":152nsp9d said:
Anybody know anything about the guitar and pickups used in the OP's post ? I can't tell if those are EMGs or what...
That might be the guitar Mark built in high school. Mark can also build guitars.

"For the record, no matter what Mark posts, he has definitely told me he didn't remember the CCM"

...sometimes people will say things. I can assure you, Mark knows his designs.

glip22":rf2q4mhu said:
jcj":rf2q4mhu said:
glip22":rf2q4mhu said:

Drew still owns the amp. :D

paulyc":299ch8k0 said:
I messaged Mark on FB last night, the guitar he made in high school wood shop, and the bridge pickup is a Duncan Screamin' Demon and the neck pickup is an old ESP rail single coil sized humbucker pulled from some other guitar.

paulyc":2mt6i0ih said:
...and the bridge pickup is a Duncan Screamin' Demon...

Hmmm, a lot of people confuse the Screamin' Demon for a hot pickup (due to its name), yet are surprised when it's anything but that. It's actually quite transparent; what you hear is your true amp tone un-colored.

I really ought to dig mine up and hear how it sounds through my CCV.

It's Medium Output - https://www.seymourduncan.com/products/e ... eorge_lyn/

Description
This pickup was designed in the Custom Shop to provide the big open sound of our '59 Model with a little less bite and a little more growl. The tone is big, percussive with a defined treble response that doesn't get harsh. It uses one row of allen screws and one row of standard slotted screws for a unique "airy" sound. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable.

Specs
Magnet type: alnico 5 bar, D.C. Resistance 10k

Cost
$89.95

I hated mine with my SD-1 boosted Marshall 2203s back in the day...I think I just don't like Alnico magnets...I like the bite from ceramic. The Duncan Distortion is my favorite pickup of all time.

Equ1nox":10lyp2os said:
"For the record, no matter what Mark posts, he has definitely told me he didn't remember the CCM"

...sometimes people will say things. I can assure you, Mark knows his designs.

Ahhh no he doesnt, mark didnt even remember his social security number when Brad took him to open a checking account. Thats not a slam on Mark, but he told me several times that he didnt remember what exactly the CCM was other than it was a work in progress and that chris schmidt had the only real one. The plan was originally to launch the CCM a year after the CCV. I had numerous conversations with Chris Schmidt about getting the CCM, so we could document it, but it never panned out. I do remember Chris said it was just a few component changes. Mark and I discussed many times about starting the CCM from scratch as I wanted something ultra heavy and tight and something different from the CCV. Mark was really good about taking suggestions and input. Mark modded a JCM 800 for someone and I tried that amp and loved it and we were gonna base the CCM off of that and then everything imploded. But that mod he did on that 800 was crushing.

So let me see if I have this right...you couldn't get the real CCM from Chris, so you were going to put out an amp based on a JCM 800 mod Mark did for someone and CALL it a CCM ? Am I reading that right ? Because that's fucking WEAK if that's the case. Put out anything, call it Cameron CCM and people will line up to buy it ? Wow...

paulyc":1ymi7edl said:
So let me see if I have this right...you couldn't get the real CCM from Chris, so you were going to put out an amp based on a JCM 800 mod Mark did for someone and CALL it a CCM ? Am I reading that right ? Because that's fucking WEAK if that's the case. Put out anything, call it Cameron CCM and people will line up to buy it ? Wow...

Well no, you didnt get it right. Mark couldnt remember what the CCM was and from talking to Mark and chris schmidt, it wasn't different sonically enough to really pursue. And we thought it would be better to go in a more heavy direction. You have to remember, the the CCM was never released and was as Mark stated a work in progress, so we could change anything we want on it.

I asked Mark for something ultra heavy and tight and he worked on a JCM 800 and presented it to me and I thought what he did there was the FOUNDATION of something really cool. See Pauly, that's how amp design works. You take a platform like a JCM800 or a designers existing model and start playing around for countless hours of component changes and then swapping a bunch of transformers and it goes on and on and on for weeks and months until you have something cool. Once you have that sound you wanted to create, then you start really designing the amp and figuring out features and adding other channels etc. How did you think the design process works? Every amp ever designed, started on another platform. How do you think Marshall started out? They took a fender Bassman and started the process I just described and the rest is history. :rock:

Back