What's a good acoustic on the used market for the 1k range?

Matt300ZXT

I know, I know...if it doesn't plug into a Marshall and go widdly widdly it's not allowed on here, but hear me out; I'm considering dipping my toes into the acoustic guitar market, because we all need to tone it down once in a while. A guy at work as a Gibson HP 635 that apparently weren't too popular and are the redheaded stepchildren in the Gibson acoustic world, but perhaps because Gibson wanted to change things up a little and because they aren't classic Gibson designs so Gibson snobs hate on them. It felt good and sounded good to me in my little bit of time with it.

Anyone have any suggestions for US made acoustics in that range?

There are some epic martins made around 95 - 98, I think it’s the DM model
Maybe, but they are incredible guitars. I used to have one and it played great and sounded amazing. My friends who had $3500 martins and Gibsons all preferred my acoustic.

If I were you I’d look at FM Marketplace, CL , and area pawnshops.

If you you’re lucky, you might a really good used Acoustic/Electric for that price.

I’d look for Martin Cutaway, a Taylor 414-CE or a Yamaha AC3R.

Sometimes you get REALLY lucky and find a high end acoustic for a crazy cheap price.

I found this ‘15 Martin Centennial DC -28E acoustic/electric for $1K at a pawnshop this past November.

These normally run about $2400 used in good condition.

Here’s a couple of pics of mine.

IMG_2617.jpeg

IMG_2618.jpeg

@ibenhad has a cool Larrivee on here but it’s a little above your range. But I love my Larrivee and I’ve always played acoustic. I’ve always loved playing acoustic. Maybe you two can come to deal.

From my perspective when growing up and playing guitar, all real guitar players also played acoustic.:cool:

@ibenhad has a cool Larrivee on here but it’s a little above your range. But I love my Larrivee and I’ve always played acoustic. I’ve always loved playing acoustic. Maybe you two can come to deal.

From my perspective when growing up and playing guitar, all real guitar players also played acoustic.:cool:
that sounds like a challenge lol

Shop around and try them out. My biggest regret was an old Martin sigma in a little music shop in like 1990. As soon as I picked it up and hit a chord it was an a-ha moment. I have never had that happen again. My two buddies that were with me even turned around and said damn…that sounds good. That guitar was alive. Can’t explain it. I had a cheaper Martin d3r and it was excellent for the price. Not sure if you can find one for your price but I played a rain song once also that was pretty killer. Not like that old sigma but close.

Back