What's your favorite boost for your Diezel? What amp?

Soundstorm

Or do you even use a boost?

I've had this Hagen for about a week. Still getting to know it but I do prefer it to the VH4 I had previously (which I loved!). Both great amps, but both need a boost IMO to get the tone I like.

So far I've tried about 6 boosts with the classic SD-1 taking the win. What's your boost or OD of choice?

Boosting gives you a different flavour not absolutely needed but fun nonetheless.
I like the same as Techdeth but if I could have only one — dirty tree in normal mode with VH4 ch3

I very rarely feel the need unless I'm playing at low volume and want that shaping and boost for tight palm mutes. I like the Ceriatone Centura or a TS10.

Personally don’t like boosts (and almost never use with my Diezel), but I have an Aesahaetter and it doesn’t have the qualities I dislike in boosted tones. Plus the EQ is nice.

Have you tried an SD-1 with it yet?
I was originally looking at the SD1 but saw a decent deal on the Maxon and went for it

I’ll probably try an SD1 too if I can find an older one for a reasonable price. I had an 90’s one years ago but the bleed through on bypass had me selling it.

I was originally looking at the SD1 but saw a decent deal on the Maxon and went for it

I’ll probably try an SD1 too if I can find an older one for a reasonable price. I had an 90’s one years ago but the bleed through on bypass had me selling it.
They’re still one of the cheapest pedals out there, and plentiful on the used market. Euge Valovirta did a big shootout with different ones, Indo/Japan/40th Anniversary/Waza iirc, they all sound the same except for the extra functions of the Waza Craft model.

I like it because it cuts enough low end to tighten up my baritone guitar. Easy enough to dial it back in with the amp as it has gobs of it. The added upper mids also helps in the mix.

Boosting gives you a different flavour not absolutely needed but fun nonetheless.
I like the same as Techdeth but if I could have only one — dirty tree in normal mode with VH4 ch3
You should post your dirty tree settings for ch3 here so we could try. Dirty tree is weird for with Diezel

They’re still one of the cheapest pedals out there, and plentiful on the used market. Euge Valovirta did a big shootout with different ones, Indo/Japan/40th Anniversary/Waza iirc, they all sound the same except for the extra functions of the Waza Craft model.

I like it because it cuts enough low end to tighten up my baritone guitar. Easy enough to dial it back in with the amp as it has gobs of it. The added upper mids also helps in the mix.
Thanks for the info. I’ll check out the video

I’m not sure if the one I had was faulty with the bleed through. I’ll definitely see about picking one up then.

You should post your dirty tree settings for ch3 here so we could try. Dirty tree is weird for with Diezel
My VH4 is getting a check over with my tech right now .. but this is how I remember it.

Usually I play a strat with a red lace sensor in the bridge.

Dirty tree normal mode volume half way - boost lows to 2:00+ treble to taste.
Channel 3 gain 10:00 -11:00 , EQ to taste.
I like how it makes the VH4 a bit squishy, smoother, fuller .. less polite - and almost gated feeling.
Need more cut? - increase the treble on the dirty tree.

This is with an EI in V1.

Back